Monday, June 30, 2008

Recovering from the weekend...

I'm tired!
Yesterday I was more tired then I've been in a loooooooooong time. God love Amber and Terri for accepting my completly braindead ways. I was pretty much useless. Nonetheless we had fun! One of our new goals is to hit more concerts in the park. Especially free ones. We all love music and its summer - so duh - why not right? Anywhoo - yesterday was lovely. Well, the 2nd part of the day. After a very long morning of a brutal board meeting - voices shouting over each other making my hungover head want to lash out - in fact - Why am I the ONLY ONE that never freaks the fuck out at these board meetings. Oh - right - I'm actually truly a laid back person. Anyway - I had heard of this "Sunsets at the Zoo" thing. It was a bit unclear - 3pm blues, 5:30 after hours jazz...but you paid for admission for one, but it was unclear with the other...um...WTF? Whatever. We made it happen. T, Amber and I showed up with beach chairs, blankets, a picnic basket and lazy moods and listened to a bit of Blues then joined up with my lovely friend Tish for some sunset Jazz sung by Peggy Perkins. Peggy sings at the Bistro pretty often and I just adore her. It was so nice, so relaxing. We even wandered around the zoo a bit. Its definatly a family event, but we got a taste of future plans for summer.
Saturday - running around with Miss Rose then we get dolled up in our Masquerade best for my brother and his wife's 30th birthday Masquerade Ball. I helped decorate, and worked my ass off for this thing, but it was a ball. Rose and I looked fabulous! Melita hand painted a mask on me and it was beautiful!! I love that I have such artistic creative friends!! We got ready at Beatty's house, so of course after we were all set he took a few artsy shots. Again - my creative friends - I love them. I drank too much and didnt eat enuff. I was to be set up with a friend of my bro's - after an awkward meeting - he and his friend took the banters of us sassy mouthed girls. It was fun. So much fun!
4th of July weekend is coming up - I plan to be very summery. Hell its hot enuff too. I'm trying to focus on the fun free times of summer right now. BBQ's, friends, lazy days. I need it . I yearn for it. Ya its hard. Ya its frustrating. My previous blog can tell ya that. But the nice thing is the distractions. The friends. The good fight right?
I thank the universe for bringing so many fabulous friends and family into my life. That is one thing I will never ever take for granted!

2 comments:

Jekkia said...

Even though I'm not ready to go out yet....
busy month...
I totally agree with everything you said-
I second that- we all have wonderful friends.
Love YOU!

Rose said...

it was a great weekend!!! love you!