Friday, June 6, 2008

My current walk...

I roll out of bed at 6:30 with purrs of encouragement from the girls. Splash water on my face, take a shot of listerine, put on my walking shoes, bra and hat. If its sunny a little sunblock on my nose. Put my cellphone in its little case, grab my shuffle and am out the door.
I pause by my mailboxes to do a 3 second stretch and begin.
Down Orange to Monte Vista: Keep a sleepy eye out in case Rose drives or bikes by. Avoid the poo stain.
Monte Vista: Pass the park. Pass the jasmine bush (smells soooooo good). Dodge the tree branch (why dont they trim that damn thing)
X Santa Ana Blvd.
Pass the condo's I dream of owning one day. See the woman in her kitchen making coffee. Sometimes see the school bus waiting for some kid I still have never seen. Sometimes smile at the lady who always gets her paper before backing out her SUV. Pass the car with the stuffed bunny in it.
X Irvine to the Back Bay: - Quickly. Cars drive like NASCAR thru here. Up the bike path a bit, X over to the little trail into the wild area. This time of year I dont like it as much, the water level is low and it smells like bad hay. I always look out at the Back Bay while I'm walking, wondering what that oil riggy thing is in the middle, watching sometimes the dudes take a dingy to another location. This is where I sometimes pass other walkers, joggers and dog walkers. Half are nice, half ignore you. The ones I've seen in this area on more then one occasion is the older Asian man in a track suit. Always nods. The old man who looks like a fisherman, never looks at me. This woman who sometimes ends up walking my same walk who has a little dog. She's weird and always walks strangely and has a flannel tied around her waist. She hates it if I pass her. Down the mini hill and up the other side. I love this, I feel like I'm doing something. Then down the biggie hill. I sort of skuffle down this one as one of these days I'm going to eat shit.
X back over Irvine Blvd. to 23rd St.: This is fucking scary cuz cars fly around that damn bend like nobody's buisness. Up the big hill. My calves usually burn a bit. Pass the house with the supposed "electric" fence. Around the random bush vine thing, pass the truck that I swear I saw at the TGIFriday's parking structure one day with the weird thing on the back and always has a flat of bottled water in the bed I'm tempted to grab. Pass the strange curvy street that has complexes with scary roofs. Pass "Private" road. Finally onto sidewalk. Pass the house with the suns on the blue gate (This is the house now going for 1 mil). Its got statues in the front of polo boys under a tree. On the left side of this street btw are fucking mansions. Ya - big huge giant fucking mansions. There's like 6 or 7 of em at the begining part of 23rd. Anyway...moving on....this is where for a while I always saw these guys that were some sort of painters or house builders or something chatting outside at thier truck, sometimes walking into this complex. They must be done tho, cuz I haven't seen them in a while. Pass the neat house that has the lawn thats kinda up. This is where I met George the tabby cat once who almost followed me home. This is also where the strange dog walking lady with the flannel always turns. Pass the obscenly large green mailbox. Pass the school. Across from the school is a complex that is painted bright mint green. A few houses over is where at Xmas time someone had a bright pink Xmas tree. I always look for my loner kid. There's a little boy whose always sitting alone at the playground. I didnt see him all this week - maybe he found a friend.
Orange - turn right: Now between the school and about a block down Orange is where I sometimes pass "Beagle Boy". He's this guy, kinda cute, always wearing a beanie and sweats. I cant tell if he's kinda chubby or just covered up in sweats, always walking 2 little beagles. I've tried to smile, but he is eithier totally shy or an asshole. Passing otherside of school (ran into Rose once here as well). I like this part because when I turn on Orange I can see the sidewalk go really far ahead of me. It looks nifty. Pass the Water place that lately has an overwhelming scent of chlorine. Pass the street I think Beagle Boy lives on. I see the old man sitting at the bus stop. When I X Santa Isabel there's a dude at the bus stop there who always has to move his legs when I walk by - another unfriendly ass. I call him the "unfriendly bustop dude". Down Orange I pass the house with the white motor bike, the house with the car that has the license plate frame that says "Adjust steering wheel for more headroom", this place also has a couple of boats, pass the house that smells like manure, pass the neat place that I've seen the couple who must own it admire it many times, pass the place with the Tiki Dudes, pass the place that used to decorate alot and now doesnt, pass the townhomes being built that will cost in the high 900 thousands, pass the house that seems oddly long and is green , pass the house for sale that I wonder how much it is cuz its fence is wonky X Monte Vista for the home stretch - by this time there's a woman at that bus stop who always txts. Avoid the poo stain again.
I take different routes, but this is my most common one. Yup. Boring blog I'm sure, but fun to me! ha ha!

2 comments:

Rose said...

This blog made my freakin' day! i know cranky bus stop dude and beagle boy! i know the big hills and the little ones! i know the water place, the houses you're talking about and the school! i think all these things when i'm out riding my bike, walking or jogging. even when i drive to work, i think, "yep, there you are construction guys" and "hello guy walking dogs everyday". same folks. best part though, is when i see YOU!!

Rose said...

oh! and that truck w/ the water in it - i used to always dream of taking that. my old run took me down that street :) hah!