Friday, June 6, 2008

Tis me thoughts....

Its Friday.
I had a full week. Monday night dinner and catching up with Jenn, Tuesday went to Shar's and ended up in a little mini-party, Wednesday dinner and catching up with my sis-in-law, last night was supposed to take Mel out for her bday dinner but she got called into work so ended up havin an unexpected night of vegging out in front of the TV with my girls. Tonight I work at RG, tomorow I get dolled up and go to dinner then see Sex and the City with some of my girls, Sunday brunch with Rose hopefully via bike, then the afternoon with fam. I'm full. Next week is looking the same....I only have a couple of nights off and I'm sure they'll dissappear. How am I so busy? What did I do when I was in a show? I'm thankful I'm so busy because I'm sure I'd be going stir crazy this being the longest I've gone without a show. I'm so lucky to have so many friends. I'm so lucky to have most my family near me.
I'm getting stressed tho. The economy is starting to scare me. Gas is heading rapildy towards $5. I'm told it'll be $8 a gallon by end of summer. Apparently thats what it is in London right now. What are we going to do? We are heading straight for a recession...in fact we're in it, but its not getting better. I'm scared. Everything will rise. Its like a fucked up game of dominoes. Gas will sky rocket (er has...), flights go up, groceries go up cuz the truck drivers who bring them thier supplies have to raise prices due to gas, everything goes up. It affects EVERYTHING. The housing market is in the toliet. I've never seen to many houses for sale. I passed one today - thier asking 1 mil. Do people actually have that much money? So many of my friends are in "Hermit" mode, or "Turtle" mode - basically hiding out, staying at home, being somewhat anti-social. I understand. I wish I could do the same. Yet, I try to do that and I get antsy, start feeling like - If I dont stay in contact with peeps, I'll lose em! I dont know. Is the the economy? Is that why so many people I know seem to be laying low? Its so scary. No one is going to be able to afford to do shit. I'm still thinking positive. I'm still trying really really hard. I am handling life much differently, but I cant help but have my soul tugged at right now with the way our world is looking....time for sporatic thoughts..........
Obama won....Can he really beat McCain? Gawd I hope so.
Its so pretty out today, why do I have to be in an office. I have a feeling I'll be doing lots of blogs today....boredom is tick tick ticking at my mind.
I'm going straight to the theater instead of going home first because of gas. I hate that. I miss my babies.
I had a scary moment last evening with the back door. It flew open on its own accord. I dont know if it was the cats, another cat or what....Tweaks was poofed for half hour at least. Mark came home and said "Maybe it was my dad!" I shuddered. (For those who dont know his father passed away a few months ago and his ashes are in a box in Mark's room. Its weird. I say "Hi Mr. Coyan" everytime I put Mark's mail on his bed.)
I totally narrated my walk today, I think I'll blog about what I see.
I hope tonight goes smoothly.
I hope its like today all weekend.
Hang on kids. Hang on. We'll get thru this godamn recession. If it gets way bad, lots of bbq's at my place!!!!

1 comment:

Rose said...

BBQs! Bicycles! Obama! :) you can tell where my values are. I try to focus on this: maybe high gas prices will force people to choose more environmentally friendly forms of transport. Maybe it will encourage the transportation system to grow in a better way. Maybe we will all drive less and spend more time together. Maybe people will realize having big houses they can't afford is a waste of time and that they are just as cool in a smaller / more affordable place. MAYBE Obama will win!! Maybe we can all ride bicycles to BBQs and be nice to each other :D