Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Indiana Jones


I have grown up loving the Indiana Jones movies. Raider's of the Lost Ark is my favorite, and still is. I have the biggest crush on Indiana Jones, yet he's also uncannily just like my dad, so that can be taken a bit weird but its the way it is. Anyway - I've been excited for the new Indy movie to come out and when it did I heard mixed reviews. Alot of people said there were "unrealistic" elements to it. That it didnt have a strong plot line. Um HELLO!!! Its Indiana Jones!!! I've taken these movies to be fun. Thats it. I dont expect depth, or intellect or realism for that matter. I expect our hero getting caught in ridiculous unbelivable situations and finding witty retorts to getting out of them! I expect fun. So, the good thing is - I went into this movie expecting just that, and thats what I got. Alexander and I went together last nite and both totally enjoyed it! Here's my highlights:

***SPOLIERS***

- Harrison Ford - how old is he? Still looking hot as ever

- Shia Leabouf - adorable. His "scared" look was so fucking cute and so perfect.

- They brought back Karen Allen - I couldnt be happier. The chemistry and banter Marion and Indy have is brilliant.

- They showed a glimpse of "The Ark" in one of the boxes in this big storage place.

- Indy is petrified of a snake when Mutt is trying to use it to pull him out of quicksand - his girly screeches are priceless.

- Cate Blanchette looks fabulous even tho she plays a prick

- The ants made me want to puke

- When you find out the relationship of Indy and Mutt the father/son banter is brilliant. He even calls him "Junior" later in the movie

- The opening scene - when you first see Indy - they play it up just like always

- The end when you think "Mutt" will be the new Indy and he's not and its cute!

- The sword fight between Mutt and Irinia

- The scene when Indy's teaching...the class filled with girls. Of course.

All in all it was fun! I laughed. I got into it. I loved it!!!

No comments: