Monday, June 9, 2008

Sex and the City - DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVENT SEEN IT!






*** SPOLIERS!***




I saw it Saturday night with 2 of my girls - Jenn and Melita. We got all dolled up, had martini's and dinner at Yardhouse and went and saw the movie. We dropped more $$$ then we probably should have but it was fun and worth it!


I had seen a few episodes of SATC randomly here and there, and really enjoyed it. So many people kept telling me to watch it, I'll love it, you have to check it out, etc. So for Xmas this year my roomie got me the entire pink box set of the SATC series. Over a few months I watched the whole thing from start to finish. This of course did make me a huge fan. I loved the fact that there was a well writtin series out there for single women my age. Its not man bashing, its not femminist laced - its real. Each of the 4 women is a very different "type". I loved it. The show made me laugh, made me cry and made me hope. The only difference is it takes place in NYC which is its own character in itself, but otherwise it hits home to single women in thier 30's. I with my friends - as most fans do - pick which "character" your most like. After much debating and thinking for a while I was most like Carrie it has come to pass that I'm most like Samatha. I'm ok with this. :)


Seeing the movie, I was wary as the season ended on a perfect note - tied up in a nice bow. I didnt know what they were going to do with the movie, but I wasn't dissappointed. It was very cute. The series of course is much much better, but thats to be expected. So - here's my humble opinion:


The girls looked amazing. All of them. The fashion certainly did not dissappoint. I have posted my favorite outfit Carrie wore. There were also about 3 pairs of shoes that I soooooooooooo which I could run out and purchase now. The blue pair she "goes back for" at the end of the movie, a purple pair with feathers that Jennifer Hudson's character admires, and these little booties she wears with pajamas on NYE when she goes to Miranda's house.


The movie starts out with all the women in relationships, Carrie with "Big", the other 3 with the men the ended the series with. We'll start with Charolette/Harry. Charolette has a moment that actually brought tears to my eyes. When Carrie has her run-in with Big on her wedding day when he's just abandoned her and she beats the crap out of him with her flowers - she turns into Charlotte's arms - Big trys to approach her and Charlotte screams "NO!" and I mean screams it with so much raw emotion. First of all her character is rarely like that, and 2nd Kristin Davis the actor just ripped my heart out, I loved the emotion she had in that one moment. Sadly you didnt see much of Harry in the movie, but he was sweet as ever. Charlotte has a "pikespied" in her pants moment that had me laughing so hard I thought my cheeks would rip apart. Miranda/Steve. He cheats on her in the movie. They split up for a while. They do end up back together, but honestly he just never won me back. First of all the boy looks old! Damn! But second, he was just kind of a dick. I've always liked his character, but in the movie he was not really all that likable and I wasnt that thrilled when they got back together. The scene in the shrink office actually pissed me off. Samantha/Smith Jarrod. He's so fucking hot. Yes - his character is my perfect man. He doesnt really do too much wrong in this movie eithier, but Sam decides she's just not relationship material and ends it - but she does it in a way that is extremly sweet and loving. I felt it, and sympathized. Sam of course looked fab. She's the oldest of the bunch, but looks beautiful. Rebecca did tell me there was a scene that made her think of me - and when they showed Sam reading the Secret then cursing at it and throwing it, I fell over laughing and whispering to Jenn that that had to be the seen Rebecca was talking about. Sam has always had a bit of comic knack in the series but I enjoyed it alot in the movie - she had some of the greatest lines. Carrie/Big. This was what dissppointed me. He left her at the alter, then then do end up reconciling at the end. I was furious. Fuck that. His character fucked up one too many times during the entire run of the series and I was so angry that they went that route to end the flick. That was my biggest dissappointment. My friends disagree with me, but I'm sorry - thats bullshit. His character is a dick, he fucked up too many times and its not love its pathetic. Some of the stuff I didnt care for - the baby that Charlotte gives birth too is obviously way to big to be a newborn, the relationship between Sanford and Anthony (who hated each other in the series) is never explained, my boy looked old too...


So all in all the movie was cute and fun and I did enjoy it, the ending is the only thing I hated. The highlights - Jennifer Hudson was darling, I loved her character. The little girl who played Charlotte's adopted daughter was one of the cutest little girls I've ever seen. In the begining Carrie and Big did seem to have the picture perfect relationship. The scene with Sam wearing this hat that was bigger then Texas. The scene (which I've also posted a pic of) when Carrie is modeling which clothes to take or toss.


It was fun. Thank you to Jenn/Melita for being my girls for the nite. I did enjoy myself and the movie all in all! I think I'll go back and watch the series again, since that where my true "fandom" truly lies....

No comments: