Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Rockstar

Thats me. I used to party like a Rockstar. Hell, it was my slogan for years. I did alot of drugs, I pulled all nighters, I drank, I was a fucking rockstar. People always counted on me being the last one standing. And I was. I could go into stories here of shit you wouldnt believe, but not today.
As I've gotten older, I've calmed down a bit. I'm trying to cut back on smoking (not successfully at the moment), I no longer do drugs, I drink socially now - not to get wrecked, I get sleep, I walk in the mornings, I try to eat better, etc etc etc.
I still throw killer parties. People still count on me to throw a rager. I have alot of friends. They all come. My parties average from 50-over 100 people. When I choose to go out now - I go out. I stay out. So its not like my rockstar days have nessasarily ended, but they've certainly slowed down.
What I found funny - was after last night, I've decided that I'm still a fucking rockstar. I may be older, I may be a bit more careful - but I still have that "party" blood running through me. My little brother turned 30 yesterday. This is a big deal! (Now, Shane and D are having a co-bday big ass bash for thier 30th). But on Shane's actually birthday, D told some friends to meet at O'Hara's (Shane's watering hole - my old watering hole - yes, we're Irish) for a surprise. She'd show up with Shane and he'd have no idea. This is exactly what happened. We brought over pizza, it was a ball. Shane was surprised and happy. Now, for the part I find funny.....
I'm apparently the 1st to show up. I walk confidently into the bar expecting to see my dad, or some of Shane's buddies. Nope. But the entire rest of the bar is looking at me like "Whose this chick wandering in here alone?". I hop on a bar stool at the bar and wait for the bartender. I can drink alone...what?! I order Greygoose Vodka (ya good stuff, I dont drink cheap shit) and Cranberry. I pretend I dont care that I'm alone at this dive bar. Finally dad shows up, then slowly some of Shane's friends start to trickle in. Danelle shows up with Shane, its a surprise, we drink and smoke and laugh and chat. Then...everyone starts leaving one by one. "I'm tired" "I have to get up early" "Its a monday night" etc etc etc with the excuses. I'm thinking - "Bitches!!! Its Shane's 30th, you all live locally, its not even late yet!!!" I say nothing. I've now had 3 Greygoose and Crans. Eventually the ones left are me (who drove all the way from Costa Mesa and had to work today), my dad (drove all the way from Fullerton), and Shane/D. So - I make us do birthday shots. Us 3 kids to chocolate cake shots and Dad does Patron. Then - SHANE turns to me and says "Well, I'm fading".
I cant fucking believe it. Out of all Shane's friends and himself and his wife - my dad and I are the two that would have partied a few hours more, if the guest of honor hadnt wanted to go home. I drove home and was in bed before 11pm. Ya. Thats how early all the others bitched out.
I just found this funny. So - all in all - I'm still a rockstar!

1 comment:

Rose said...

i'm glad one of us still is! i got showed up this weekend... i can't party for 72 hours straight no nap :P

Rock on Miss Hotness!!!!