Thursday, May 22, 2008

Life cut short

I came into work today and recieved some tragic news. Our web guy died. His name was Gregory, he was 35, married, lived and worked in South Carolina. Our relationship was pretty much always via emails. He did come out a couple of times, and I met him both times he was here. Quirky guy, computer geek, funny, nice. He and I always worked fine together. He lagged on getting back to some of my co-horts often, but for some reason he was always quite quick getting back to me. Maybe its because we joked, made funny comments to each other, I dont know. We got along fine. He was 35. Only a couple of years older then me. Emily tells me she got an email from his wife today, saying he passed away Sunday. I looked his name up online, and found the story. He fell. He was trying to close a window and he fell 2 stories and died on the scene. It was a total freak accident! My heart breaks for his wife and his family. You hear about tragedies every day. Horrible things that happen to good people. Then something hits closer to home. I didnt know Gregory well, but he was nice. He was funny. He was so young. Life is so precious. I know we're not all going to live forever, but you certainly think you have a little more time then that. Anything could happen. Your life can be snatched from you in a heartbeat. You never know. Apparently the funeral is today, so please send your love into the universe for his loved ones today. And always, ALWAYS treasure life. Its just to godamn short.

3 comments:

Jekkia said...

Oh my gosh...thats so horrible. Random death- is always the hardest...yes Jami Capre Diem- you never know...

This is why I love our sushi lunches-
friends- family- love-!

R-becca said...

Glad you wrote this. As much as he drove me crazy, I will miss him. We were always friends and laughed at the management's crazy ways.

True - life can be short. So, we need to make sure we love!

Rose said...

oh jami, that is awful... his family... i can't even imagine. thank you for sharing this as a reminder to live each day as fully as possible and to spend our time wisely that we have.