Monday, July 7, 2008

A Mixed Cocktail...










This sums up my past week or so. A mixed cocktail. For many reasons. Little too much drinking, good and bad stuff, etc etc.

Last Wed nite I had my "Ladie's Party". About 12 women or so crammed into my little house to listen to Patti's presentation on our future purchases. We went thru alot of bottles of wine. Every single one of my wine glasses that I owned was used. All with little wine charms I was so excited to finally use. Lots of laughter, estrogen, blushing, giggling, drinking snacking, etc went on throughout the evening. It was wonderful. The party was a huge sucess, I got exactly what I had hoped for! :) When I cleaned up that evening, looking at my counter filled with empty wine bottles and cleaned wine glasses and the smell of oils in the air made me smile.

Thur was a day of running around - cleaning up after that ladie's party and getting geared up for party #2 - the 4th of July BBQ. I realized this day I dropped too much money on both events. Whatever. Its worth it. I'm sure I'll figure out a way to make rent....
I cleaned again, pouring with sweat. I ran around to stores and places to buy more wine, more snacks, a new lounge etc. Thur nite - dinner with Mitzy - more wine. Enuff to sleep thru the nite. Happy. Fuzzy. I love summer.

Fri was our Independance Day. I blew up my kiddie pool, Rose and I brought over her BBQ, food, supplies, etc. People arrived. It was perfect. Low key, relaxed, drank, laughed, chatted, etc. Rose made an amazing spread. Compliments and praises from all. A boy I've recently gone out with came by. He admitted to me later that he was terrifed to come to a party where he only knew me. He got to meet some of the crew - mostly individually as each one would come cursing and shouting into the backyard after an apparent unsuccessfull round of Rock Band. It was perfect. I love my friends. Fireworks began, terrifying me, my girls and others. If my friends had not experienced 4th of July in the white trash central part of Costa Mesa - they sure did Fri nite. Welcome to my Hell I said. After the last trickled home for the nite, I began the late night clean up. At some point I sliced my finger. Blood was pouring down my hand and arm looking straight out of a horror flick. I didnt even feel it. Did I drink that much? I felt it the next day when I showered. Dear god. I hope I dont need stitches.

Sat I had to get up bright and early to be at dad's who was having my tires/alignment fixed on my car. I awoke with a wine headache. I popped 2 excedrin. 2 hours later my body revolted. I was sicker then I've been in a long time. I will not go into the details - but if you've had food poisoning before thats what it was similar too. We came to the conclusion it was a combo of too much junk food, good food, wine, then excedrin and coffee on an empty stomach. I came home to recover. Nursed myself to health in time to attend OFW at RG with Amber. Before the show started I took a dive. Yup. Ate shit right there on the RG stairs in front of the entire crowd. I blamed the fact that I was running on empty - literally. It was one of those beautiful moments when you trip and you think you'll catch it but oh no, down I went. I saw the look of terror in Amber's eyes as she reached out to stop me, but wasnt quick enuff. I at this point had not realized how bad my spill was. I of course popped up into my seat laughing at myself saying I'm fine. 20 min later, my elbow grew and pulsed. My knee ached, my shin purpled. Ya. Totally fucked myself up. Now not only is my right middle finger sliced to pieces, my entire right side is throbbing. Dinner at Pangea. Art walk. Superbad.
Sun. I'm so excited to have a day of nothing. Which is exactly what I did. Recovered from the weekend. Cleaned up reminants. Laid out a tad. Returned Rose's goodies. Got ready for my dinner with this boy. He took me to Gulfstream - fancy and soooooooooooo good (Salmon, scallops, wine, toast points? mmmmmmm). We take a walk after - and here's my topper to the weekend. Again. 3 glasses of wine later. (I'm becoming a true wino). This apparently takes away feelings of pain I've decided. As we walk, I roll my ankle. I of course again - play it off. "Oops I say! Stupid uneven sidewalk!". We continue to walk. By the time I get home, I think....Hmmmm, seems a little sore. Whatever. I'm awoken at 3am this morning by a knarly cat fight outside, I jump out of bed and collaspe to the floor. That ankle - swollen. This is followed by a raging battle with a cockaroach that the girls found. (How Mark didnt wake up is beyond me). I ice the ankle, struggle to get back to bed around 4:30am. I get up this morning. No walk for me. I'm hobbling around slightly with a swollen ankle. Ya. On my right side of course.
So there's my weekend. A mixed cocktail. The good times with friends, food and wine, the bad times with wine and injuries. ....sigh....

I've posted pics from the 4th as well. I love them.



2 comments:

Rose said...

Oh dear. Don't you just love summer madness?! it's good to be alive, a little crazy & having fun :D Love you !

R-becca said...

oh goodness do I miss Rock Band and Guitar Hero!!!

Love you J!