Monday, July 21, 2008

Illinois Day 1

I'm realizing here in Decatur, I'll probably have time to blog now and again...we'll see, but we'll give it at start! Why not right? Besides, I'm waitin for my turn to take a shower....
So - Day 1 - The flight. HORRIBLE! I was also informed this was a very smooth flight. I've sadly come to realize that I just cant fly. It makes me sick no matter what. I'm quite upset to find this out actually. Jon - my bro - was sitting with me during this miserable experience. God love him. "Should I keep talking? Does that help or make it worse? Just tell me to shut the fuck up". Taking off sucked. The flight was alright, but any movement the plane made I felt. The landing was the worst. Jon had the bag out ready for me, my dad and Lori 2 rows back laughed as they saw my white knuckled hands gripping the seat or my head trying not to throw up. I'm DREADING flying home. But luckily I didnt actually puke.
We land in St. Louis. As we walk thru the airport I"m starting to somewhat recover, little woozy but functional. We walk outside - HOLY SHIT! Now I've heard of this mid-west humidity, but MY GAWD. We get on our Avis bus that takes us to the rental place and are presented with the smallest car ever. Mid size my ass. It's like driving a hamster.
We drive from St. Louis to Decatur. I've never seen so much godamn corn in my life. "Thats why its called the corn belt darlin" my dad says. Alrighty then. We all sing along to 70's music once I figured out how to use the damn radio and drive for a few hours to my Grandad's.
We come in - hugs and kisses from Grandad. He also has the most spastic little pootle I've ever met named Sam. I get the tour. I check out the basement - so cool! I"ve only seen one other in my life. The house is beautiful. 4 bedroom. 2 story. Huge yard.
Ruby Tuesday's for dinner. AWESOME burgers. The humidity is stronger. I"m standing out side with the bro and its like inhaling a steam bath. I'm going to need to buy more hats. Back home. I SAW LIGHTING BUGS!!! I"ve never seen em, my dad points them out - I'm squealing like a little kid! Coolest friggin things I've ever seen!!!
Lori/Jon/I go to Super Walmart to get some nessasasties - this apparently is the place to be here in Decatur. My gawd.
Back home, chillin - I go to bed a bit early, the 2 hour time difference is a little weird. I"m sleeping on what looks like a kid size bed. I almost rolled off it twice last nite. I was kept awake by zecada's. Loudest godamn bugs I've ever heard, and woken this morning by some bird at 5:30am singing a song. Cute, but a bit early. Now I'm off to watch a real thunder/lighting storm, cuz its rollin in as I type!

1 comment:

Amberkins said...

Haha! Sounds like the midwest all right. I'm so glad you got to see lightning bugs, they are really awesome. You'll enjoy the thunderstorms too, although they can actually be a little nerve wracking. Have fun love!