Friday, July 25, 2008

Ilinois Day 5...

Bare with me, I'm attempting this on my brothers laptop. For breakfast as I last left off, Grandad made his famous Biscuits & Stuff and it was everything I could have hoped for it to be. After stuffing our faces and calling my other brother to razz on what he was missing we all got our crap together for the drive to Chicago.
Saying goodbye to Grandad was so hard. I cried but did my best to hide it, but I know Dad noticed. I told him I want to bring mom back next fall and he has to take care of himself in order for me to do so. He promised. I cried for a good 20 min in the car I think, trying to play it off as allergies.
On to Chicago. The drive was long, lots of cornfields but it was a trip watching the countryside and how different of a lifestyle these people must live. As we arrive into the the city we see the skyline. Jon and I start to get excited. After a vey frustrating arguing of 4 people trying to give directions, etc, we find our hotel.
The rooms are ridiculous!!! Its like having my own little bachlorette apartment. Huge King size bed, living room, even a fucking hallway!!! I'm bouncing around with excitement and profusley thanking Lori.
We return the rental car - which was another stressfull, frustrating task in itself. I think we all 4 might have actually killed each other at one point...but all worked out.
We were starving so we headed to a buffet like place and get the most ridiculous sized portions of fried goodness, meat and beer. We stuff ourselves and start to wander the city.
Its amazing here. Its fast paced like NYC and LA. The buildings are so damn tall, the river is beautiful. People are crazy. I love it. I certainly wouldnt want to drive myself around here tho. Too much stress. The architecture is outstanding. We see a few parks, the river, Chicago Tribune building. We walk a bit down Magnificent Mile. My neck is starting to ache due to looking up so much. I"ve snapped so many pictures. We look like dorky tourists. Its awesome.
As we head back to the hotel we come to Timothy O'Tooles. "Beer is calling our name!" Lori says. "Your right I hear it too!" says Dad. We wander into to this fantastic Irish Pub and begin ordering drinks. The Cub game comes on and we watch it in its entirety and proceed to get quite fucked up. As we stumble out, laughing and celebrating due to the Cubs win. We stop back at the hotel and Jon and I decide to go back out.
He and I stumble down the street, laughing, taking pictures and chatting. We saw a few things but burnt out fast and proceeded to Walgreens to get some supplies and stumble back.
Its beautiful here. The weather is lovely. The hotel is sick. The town is amazing.
I slept like a baby on my giant bed with a million pillows. I didnt wake up till my alarm went off this morning.
We have a big day planned today, if we do the internet charge again I'll blog as I can. It may have to wait till I get home. I'd like to try tho, due to everything being fresh in my mind. I'm not sure tho,but we'll see. I'm having a blast! Gawd I love this town!!!

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Jami, I hope you can blog tomorrow! I love reading about your adventures :)

Rose said...

get your butt home missy!!!!!!!!!