Monday, July 28, 2008

Illinois comes to a bitter end....

First of all - this trip was fucking amazing. A HUGE thank you to Dad and Lori for taking me. They spoiled me rotten. I love them both so much for this and will be eternally grateful. As most of you know, I could never afford to do something like this on my own. The rate I'm going I may never, so I"m so thankful to have had such a wonderful week vacation seeing family, seeing the country and seeing Chi-Town. I also want to send a thank you to you all for loving my little blogs! It really makes a girl feel special! :)
Day 7:
We arrive at O'Hare Aiport at 9am. Dad gets dropped off at United (He's going back to Decatur for a couple of weeks) and Jon, Lori and I get dropped of at American. The usual. Check in, security, etc. Little airport shoppin. Quick bite. I'm starting to get upset since my flight out was awful. I pop 2 of my motion pills. 5 min later our flight is canceled. WTF? (Now, you all know I've only flown 3 times - this being my 3rd - so I am not an experienced traveler). Lori and Jon jump up and take off to the "Rebooking" place. I"m still sitting there with a shocked expression on my face. I come to and join up with them. Jon's already on the phone trying to get us another flight. We get one. At United for 8:10pm that night. WHAT!!!????
SO ya. I spent all FUCKING day at the airport yesterday. I've seen more of O'Hare then I ever care. I also want to add that I'd taken 2 pills - so I was also fucked up and gorked. Oh - and ALSO our tickets were flagged so everytime Jon and I went for a smoke we not only had to go thru the regular security but had to GET SEARCHED. Needless to say we only smoked a few times. I was miserable all day. We finally get on board. I pop 2 more pills. Now I"m REALLY fucked up. I did handle the flight ALOT better then I did coming in. I think part of it was because I was so out of it. We land. I"m so happy I didnt barf. We go to get our luggage - mine's not there. Jon and Lori's is. Not mine. I also call Mark to see if he can pick me up and he informs me that the cats just starting trying to kill each other. Not in the "thats just cute sibling rivalry" but trying to kill each other. So he cant pick me up. I take a cab with Lori/Jon they drop me off I come home to utter chaos.
Its Monday morning. I called out of work last nite due to not knowing what was going to happen with flight crap and thank gawd I did. I'm checking the baggage info every 10 minutes. I'm watching the cats like a hawk and actually have a call into my vet to see how to handle this situation thats SCARING THE SHIT OUT OF ME!! Oh - did I mention I dont travel...so everything is in my luggage!!!!!! Right now I have no bras, no tolietries, no retainer, no BC pills no phone charger...I could go on. Oh and did I also mention that since I was on so many meds yesterday I had a nice weird 4 hours of drugged out sleep last nite.....
I'm a bit freaked out right now and really hoping this day works itself out. God help me.
I want to go back to Illinois - but I"m driving.
Love to you all!!!!!

2 comments:

Rose said...

aw Jamis! you have a retainer :D love you!

R-becca said...

Did you get your bag yet? I'm glad you had an awesome trip! What's up with the cats?!