Sunday, January 6, 2019

2018 Recap...

As per usual - I read my last year's re-cap - and oh that's right - 2016 and 2017 were not good years at all.  Like no.  Like damn.  Like both of those years can kiss my and everyone else's ass.



Now - 2018 was slightly different.  Yes...our country is still a shit show.  I'm not even going to touch that right now, because WE ALL KNOW.

So  - 2018 - for me - pretty damn good actually!!  Here we go:

The year started off rough, I jumped back into the Online Dating World and it wasn't going well.

We then had a pretty great moment for Women with the #Metoo Movement.  It actually started at the end of 2017 but was gaining momentum into 2018 with the Times Up Movement.  It felt good to actually feel like something was happening.  It's moving along slowly, but things are changing.  In fact - I'm going to jump ahead to November of this year and remind you all that we had a HUGE number of women win positions in the elections this year and the Dems took back over the House.  So that's good!  It rekindles my little flame of hope that refuses to burn out.  In March of this year on International Women's Day I took part in a pretty amazing night of theatre with Project Women Get Loud.  So I'm feeling good friends.  Shit is starting to happen!



 The biggest and best highlight for me this year was:

I MET MY BOYFRIEND WHO IS STILL MY BOYFRIEND AND WE LOVE EACH OTHER AND HAVE ALMOST BEEN DATING A YEAR YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love!
I can't fucking believe it.  It's a total trip having someone in my life.  He's a good man, with a good heart.  We have lots of fun together just the two of us, sometimes with the kiddo, sometimes with friends and fam - we seem to have kind of fit right into each other's lives.  We've taken some trips (you'll see below), we've grown closer, we've opened up to each other, we enjoy horror together, we hike, I could go on and on.  It's been a tough year and our country is a mess, but meeting Patrick has been pretty godamn amazing and he's brought so much happiness into my life.  I look forward to what's to come!

Ok...enough gushing  - onto the rest of the highlights with links to the blogs (because you know I wrote about them):

Easter is always a huge highlight - mom has her annual giant Easter Egg Hunt, and this year was no exception - such a great day!

Easter Girls

 Taylor hooked mom and I up at the Knotts Boysenberry Festival which was amazing and delicious!


So. Damn. Delicious.

Pat & I took a trip in May to Paso Robles.  It was a perfect getaway in a new favorite spot!

So happy
Another super fun thing I got introduced to this year was Geocaching!  I've been having so much friggin fun with it, that it got it's own "tab" on my blogspot.  I love it!!!  And I haven't stopped.  I plan to have many more geocaching excursions in 2019!

Cache them all!
Midsummer Scream is always a highlight and this year we had a couple of newbies join us!


Pat & I took a mini vacay to San Diego

I took a nostalgic trip down memory lane when me and some friends visited the Jim Henson exhibit



I actually got to stay a couple of days with mom on her annual San Clemente get away.


My favorite time of year was just as good as always!  We hit Knotts Haunt, Delusion, Horror Nights, Boney Island and the Ghost Train, Taylor's Halloween Pah-tay, Trick or Treating and lots of horror movies!


I crossed of a bucket list item and went Apple Picking!


Pat and I took an absolutely amazing trip to Sedona where we hiked, cached, ate, drink and I so want to go back!!

Best Trip Ever!

Christmas Time came and went like an amazing lovely whirlwind and you can read in the last few blogs.


 Unfortunately New Years time took a very tragic turn.  I lost my precious Tweaks.  Her little kidneys basically decided to take a very sudden downturn and the last few days of the year were spent with me on the couch sobbing and trying to make her last days more comfortable and full of love.  I'll be writing a special tribute blog to her when I can actually get through writing/talking about her without breaking down into tears.  I'm completely heartbroken.  I will miss you so much my sweet girl.

I love you my girl
Although 2018 ended on an extremely unexpected sad note, the year itself was pretty good.


Our political environment is still a mess but people are fighting and there is hope and I'm def seeing an upswing.  There's talk of some potential theatre (oh please oh please oh please) projects coming up.  I have a wonderful man in my life.  My mom has 2 of my best girlfriends as her roomies which I think is so awesome.  My brother and his wife bought a house.  I'm in flux with some things in my life be working on getting them sorted out.  I can't believe I'm writing yet another recap of another year gone.  I'm so happy it was better than 2016/2017 and I'm hoping 2019 will be even better!

Happy New Year my dear friends!  I wish you so much love, joy, happiness, laughter, art, adventure and fun!





No comments: