Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Knotts Berry Farm Boysenberry Festival...

Thank you Taylor!!!

We have our in at Knotts now and Taylor hooked us up!  Mom and I had been wanting to hit the Boysenberry Festival and finally made it this year!  Taylor joined us as well and his lovely friend Jazmine!  It was a perfectly lovely fattie day!!!

Taylor, mom and I arrived and realized - "Holy Shit it's Spring Break Time.".  I honestly don't remember the last time I saw Knotts this crowded!  People love their boysenberries!

We hit the Chicken Restaurant for a little snack before the day got started since the festival tastings didn't start until 11.  Unfortunately that was not a good idea!  We had the weirdest worst server and I actually thought mom was going to throw down if our food took any longer.  But - we made the best of it and got to know Jazmine!

As we wandered into the park I absolutely loved all the beautiful flower displays!  So pretty!!




They had old skool comic strips on the construction sites! So rad!


Before we started eating, mom of course wanted to shoot things.  She hit every damn target!!!

We also found a coffin.


Then the eating began!

Boysenberry BBQ Chicken Wings

Sausage with Boysenberry Mustard, Ketchup and Relish!  The Relish was friggin awesome!

Corn with Boysenberry Mayo and Butter and Parmesan

Boysenberry Macaroon.  More like a cake.

Boysenberry Ice Cream

Boysenberry Lemonade - so good!!!

Boysenberry Ice Cream Sandwich

Gnocchi with Boysenberry Sour Cream and Short Ribs with Boysenberry BBQ sauce.  The Short Ribs were my favorite of the day!  Not much of a boysenberry flavor but damn delicious!!!

We're ready to EAT!
There was also a beer and wine tasting area!!  Taylor did the beer and I did the wine!

Love Layer Cake but had never tried the Malbec! So good!

You got a little cracker and cheese plate with your $25 tasting card (included 6 tastings)

This was my favorite!  I had the Rose from Malibu Wines.  So good!



Mom and I chillin with all the toys we won (I only won the pink penguin), snacks, wine and the new bunny ears I got. Bliss!

Taylor and I ready to DRINK!
There was also a pie eating contest we checked out!
The kids ate the pie on the parents heads! HA!

The woman in the middle was yelling at her kid the whole time - "HURRY!!!!".  It was goddamn amazing.


The very colorful announcer!  He was a hoot!  He was also teaching dances earlier in the day.
In the late afternoon we decided to call it a day, but decided to check out the The Cauldron Bar before we headed home since it was right behind the parking lot.  I'd been wanting to check it out and it was awesome!!  Not too huge of a food selection (damn good though!) but super fun drinks and very cool service staff!  Also the decor was fantastic!!!

We didn't want to walk all the way around and mom was having issues getting over the fence.  I was taking pictures rather than helping, ha ha ha!


In the bathroom!

Seriously...I want that pin up witch in my house

Trying new places!


It was a great day of yummy food and actually some pretty decent wine!  We played games, wandered the park and had a great time!  We even tried a new spot afterwards.  I'm a lucky girl!

Oh...and PS...I was trying to learn how to use the Slo-Mo on my phone....



No comments: