Thursday, January 25, 2018

The three D's of Dating...

Another Dude. Another Date. Another Disappointment.  This has become my reality of dating.

You've all read my dating woes.

After a break from online dating for a couple of months, back when I probably shouldn't have jumped back into it so soon because I was still reeling from my break up that left me stunned and hurt, here I am again.  My decision was get through the holidays and sign back up after Christmas.

Which I did.



After Christmas I signed back up on Bumble, because it was easy and I was familiar with it.  After the usual matched with dudes, emailed dudes, maybe 2 of the 20 emailed back, then 1 kept emailing and we made a date!  BAM!

Went on date.
Meh.
We met for drinks.
He didn't pay for me.
He wasn't an asshole, but there just didn't seem to be a connection.
He walked me to my car.  Kissed me goodnight - not a good kisser.
Sigh.

The next day I signed up for Match.com.  That was a chunk of change. UGH!  I signed up for 6 months.  Figured - why not give another paid site a go.  Haven't done this one yet....
Already hate it.
It's cluttered, weird, hard to navigate.  I actually had to spend some time on the Live Chat to get some guidance.  I have found they don't really match up you with shit.  Most guys are creepy.  It sucks.  But I'm stuck on it for 6 months.

It's been a couple of weeks now - and I made one date with one guy which he canceled the morning of saying "Not to be a dick, but I have to cancel.  I feel I should be nervous or excited but I'm neither.  I don't think Online Dating is for me.".  Mind you, this dude had already been whining about how weird Online Dating is.  No shit asshole - no one likes it but it's a necessary evil.  Dodged that bullet I suppose.



Decided to go on a 2nd date with 1st Bumble dude.  Maybe I'm jumping to quick into writing him off.  I mean he wasn't a jerk.  1st dates can be awkward.  I want to be fair and give him a fair chance.  If date 2 doesn't work out, then forget it right?

So Date 2:
He paid for dinner (I had hinted for him to do so earlier).
It wasn't horrid, but it wasn't great, but I still wanted to be fair.  So I suggested we wander over for another drink (which I would buy).
Done.
It was fun.  But just no spark.  No connection.  No nothing.
He was into me though, so I felt bad.
He walked me to my car.  Kissed me goodnight.  Still not a good kisser.
Sigh.
I went home and thought long and hard about it and asked advice of friends.  Everyone agreed - if it's not there, it's not there.  You can't force these things.  So I had to send my very 1st "Sorry I just didn't feel a romantic connection" text.  He never responded.  I felt bad, but what can ya do.



More matches on Bumble.  Many many more dudes not responding.  Emailed a few.  Never went anywhere.  Why the fuck are you on dating sites if you never want to meet up you jackasses?!

Emailed a couple dudes on Match....never heard back.

Added CMB again.  I know, this app was stupid, but it's easy.  You get sent a handful of dudes a day and you like or pass then that's it.  Figured it can't hurt. No real work involved unless you actually start emailing someone which is rare.  Also re-signed up on Meetup...maybe that's the direction I need to go?

Got another date off Bumble.

Went on date.
Meh.
We met for drinks.
He didn't pay.
I actually thought maybe this guy could turn into a friend if anything.  He was cool.  I didn't feel that spark but he seemed alright?  Maybe it would grow into something if we went out a couple more times?
Text him the next day.  He did respond once - but haven't heard back now.
I think we're mutually ghosting.
Sigh.

Matched with a dude on CMB.  Seemed pretty cool.  We were having some decent emails back and fro on the app.  I hit him with my usual "Whatcha lookin for in a lady?  "What are your deal breakers?"  I gave him my deal breakers (Conservative Republican, Crazy Religious, Allergic to Cats, Live in your mom's basement, Serial Killer, Meth Head...)
CMB Dude: "I'm not conservative, but I am a Republican."
Me: "Ah ok, but you didn't vote for Trump, did you?"
CMB Dude: "Yes I did."
Me:



Matched with a dude on Bumble.
Sent my opener email (FYI I always try to grab something off their profile and address that).
My opening email:
"Hi there!  That's a super cute dog you got there!" (He had a darling brown lab in like 3 pictures)
Bumble Dude:
"Thanks.  Unfortunately he's dead now."
Me:


So there you have it folks.
2018 is not starting out very successful in the dating world that's for damn sure.
So my advice to those of you jumping into this world:






No comments: