Saturday, August 11, 2018

Jim Henson Exhibit...

I had heard that the Skirball Cultural Center was doing a Jim Henson Exhibit.  Oh. My. God.  I must go!  So, I asked around to interested peeps and we decided to play hookey on a Friday and head up to LA.  My comrades were Noel, Amber and Susan.  All huge fans.

I had never been to Skirball and it's really a great little place!  It didn't open until noon on Friday so we headed up early and were in line to be the 1st in.  I wasn't sure how crowded it was going to be and I wanted to make sure to be able to see everything.  It was perfect.

We walked in and my heart jumped.  Instantly flashes of Shane and I sitting front of the TV as kids watching and giggling as our favorite puppets laughed and joked on Sesame Street.  I started running around shooting pictures to make sure I got them then came back and took my time walking through and reading all the cool stuff!

It was seriously like a flashback in time.  So many happy memories!  I also loved listening to the peeps pushing through with their kiddos in strollers, squealing along with me.  The parents were the excited ones! Ha!

Ernie & Bert!!

Rowlf!!

That's Jim's writing!!!




You got to do your own mini puppet show - so of course I did!


Kermit!!


The Count!!

Grover!!!


So rad!  These guys terrified me!

So friggin rad

You could put together a puppet - all face stuff was in a bin.  So I did!!


Amber and & were saying we had this as a kid!

THE WORM CIRCUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I swear Shane & I tried to make this when we were kids


Scooter!!!!

Beeker!!!!!


They were showing snippets. I could have watched this all day.  We kept pointing out all the celebrities!
Rad Photo Op - Susan

Me

Noel
Fraggles!!!!

OMG

I want to wear both


Thank you sir for giving me a childhood full of happy memories!!!

After the Jim Henson Exhibit we wandered around the rest of the center and checked out some of the other exhibits.  They had a beautiful one on original immigrants coming into the US.  They had a bunch of religious displays and then a really cool Leonard Bernstein one.  We didn't spend as much time since the place was starting to fill up.

Pretty  lilies outside



So cool!  Actual size!




This was awesome! Actual restored from Jerusalem!


Old Skool Mosiac


Thought of Terri!
A grammy!!!

An emmy!!

Leonard played on this piano!

Afterwards we hit up a little place called Hamptons 818 and scored on good parking.  I had a yummy lobster roll sandwich and we had drinks to toast a really great day of nostalgia!

No comments: