Sunday, August 23, 2009

San Antonion Trip Day 3...

Wow is this hotel way nicer then the last 2!!!! Guess it should be since I'll be here until Thursday night. We made it to San Antonio!! Woot!
Today started with B & I takin a gander at the grasshopper situation...still pretty bad. So B loaded our luggage and gave me the go ahead to sprint to the car. We rolled out an on the road. We stopped for coffee/water in some random town. Chatted with a lovely lady from New Mexico whose car had broke down and was a quilter. She's done shows in CA so I'm sure my dad's wife has met her at some point! :) We were being swarmed again but this time by little yellow butterflies - way cuter and this I could handle. Back on the road. We stopped in Oxana or Ocana (sp?) for lunch at Sonic burger and listened to the Texan drawls around us. We also heard there was a Davy Crockett monument so of course we had to go see it and I take a picture! On the road again. Long long long drive, but we got excited when we started rollin into the city of San Antonio. Between our AAA directions and B's magic phone we made it to our hotel. We checked in, then checked into the conference where the very excited Tessitura people gave me all my stuff and my badge with a giant ribbon that says "1st Timer". After we got settled B and I booked over to The Alamo. It was closing in a few minutes but I wanted to at least check it out and take some photos which we did. It was certainly a trip walking around that area and remembering what happened there many years ago. The also have a really beautiful garden area in the back that we strolled thru. We then hit the Riverwalk. Its quite lovely. I was trippin out that there's this random pretty river that runs thru the middle of a main city! The little tour boats would go thru with the happy tour guides telling the folks about the history of the city. Sadly I dont think I'll have time during our conference week to actually take one of those tours even tho I'd like to. We had dinner at a fantastic mexican restaurant right on the river and shared a liter of sangria and chatted with our sweet waitress. We then strolled around some more takin in the sites. We found a drugstore where we stocked up on snacks and what not and I got some fun chotchkies for mom and the roomie for lookin after my girls! I'm now chillin in my nice hotel room about to open a bottle of wine and try to get organized for this conference!

No comments: