Thursday, August 27, 2009

San Antonio Trip day 7...

So getting up this morning was not pretty. I wanted to cry when the alarm went off. I stumbled out of bed partially hungover and showered. I get a txt from my boss "Lets meet for breakfast at 8:30". Sigh. I figure I have time to pack and load the car before I meet up with her. I txt B while I do this and finally head down to meet her. As B rounds the corner he looks only slightly worse then I do. My boss sees the 2 of us and laughs. We force down some breakfast and I skip out on the "morning session" to buy a new pair of sunglasses since mine somehow got scratched the hell up in the evening before. I also find my cowboy hat. Yay. I'm back in time to meet our cfo to check us out and we roll into our last session. B and I doze in and out while they drone on and on. We head to lunch with our crew and listen to a much too long conference wrap up. The minute we're done B and I are out the door, in the car and on the 10 fwy. Nothing to exciting to report on the trip, but we did hit some rain and saw some beautiful clouds, sun rays and a little lighting. We make it to Fort Stockton in one piece. We've checked into a Quality Inn...much less bugs then Van Horn. We grab some dinner at K-Bobs since we are dying to have some TX steak before we leave this godforsaken state. This place looks like a rec center. Its amazing. B gets ribeye and I get NY Strip. It was pretty damn good thats for sure! The highlight of our dinner was listening to some real life Texans visiting with each other behind us. The thick drawls and random conversation was amazing. Our waitress was a peach with her "Ya'll's and Darlin's". As we head out we see the craziest lighting storm starting. Not as cool as the Decatur storm I saw last year, but watching this desert sky flash and light up and huge lighting rods striking the ground is pretty f-ing cool! We're drinking our wine in our plastic cups and watchin the storm. Ahhh TX.

No comments: