Thursday, October 2, 2008

Haunt...






Halloween is my favorite holiday.
I love all things that go with Halloween. I love horror movies (Roomie and I will be watchin them thru-out the month). I love Haunted Houses (I'll go to the free/cheap ones I can find). I love having a Halloween Party on Halloween - (Save the date bitches). I also love Knotts Halloween Haunt. I've gone every year since I can remember. Seriously. I've been going since I was like 10 or some shit. When I met Miss Jay - we share the same love - so we've gone together now probably about 4 or 5 years. Our group varies. But Miss Jay and I are the stalwarts. We're both kids at heart and kids who love Halloween and all its accessories, no matter how old we get. So - our annual trip was last nite.
There were a total of 10 of us this year. It was a little different. Its usually chilly and we wear scarves and beanies, its usually dark when we get there, I usually hook up with my off and on before or after the trip, sometimes it rains, its been the same for years.
This year it was hotter then Hates, bright as can be, no hook ups due to relationships, and did I mention HOOOOTTTT!
Anywhoo.
I arrive with the boys, Miss Jay arrives soon after, The Dormans roll up, Becky's late, but makes it. We head in to our Pre-Scare Dinner. Our oversized plastic cups await as do a few monsters cruisin around while we ate. We constantly check our phones for our last 3 late comers - my luva and Harris and his lady. We laugh, eat, take pictures. A monster growls at me attempting to startle me, instead Miss Jay jumps almost launching his deviled egg into the air. Miss Jay passes out his usual goodie bags for all of us. I swear this is one of my favorite parts!! I love his goodie bags! We get candy, halloween dish scrubbies, pencils and super balls this year! Yay!!!!
After a faboo dinner then a very frustrating time trying to get us all together with people rollin in late, we're finally all together and we hit the mazes.Jay is the biggest girl. Always has been. I love it. He shreaks and squeals and grips my arm tighter then any lover I've ever had, usually leaving marks. Harris's lady is new to our group and she's also quite the scardy cat. I'd say Roomie and I are totally immune, the rest getting a little scare here and there.
The monsters this year seem to still be getting thier bearings. They come a little too close too often. For some reason this is the year I get hit on by monsters. I had half dozen blow kisses at me, some blow in my ear, a bunch always in my face making little noises. They seemed to know I dont get scared, so they figured they'd get saucy instead. I even had one very concerned about my well being when I was trying to deal with the blisters forming on my heels. (Seriously - new fucking shoes, half the nite I was in dire pain - I finally bought myself $25 flip flops). Otherwise - the usual good times. Miss Jay only gave me one major injury - (He always seems too cuz he's such a jumpy fucker and I'm always the nearest) - just crushed my already beaten up foot at one point. Hey beats the bloody nose from the Queen Mary year right?!! Ha ha ha!
1st Maze - The Asylum - its cool, same as last year. 2nd Maze - Club Blood - this was a new one, very fun - similar to the old Vampyre one...but more goth/clubby - still hot tho. I"m sure I'll be going out of order here, but now its by memory....We did the Log Ride (Pyromaniac themed). Harris and his lady and me and my luva were in a log together. Lady shouted angrily the whole way, we laughed, we got soaked. Our keychain photo was cute so I bought it. We did the Mine Ride (Spider Maze). Lady hid in her boy's lap flipping out the whole time, I photographed it. The Labrynth Maze was new and very cool - wood nymphs, weird goat things - very cool - very fantasty/forestry like. Went to the Cannibal Maze - also new - this was pretty cool - lots of "Victims" crying and bloody and begging for us to help them. I appreciated the dramatic attempts. The Ax Manor maze was alright, same as last year - sadly we were behind some obnoxious drunk fellows. The Quaratine Maze - new this year and based on the upcoming movie, again they tried to be dramatic, nice - I have to side track and describe a hilarious moment. Miss Jay is our biggest scardy. He and I are in front, he walks into the maze - Luva calls out something to me - I stop and turn, as I turn back around the doors are closing with Miss Jay inside and the rest of us out. "Nooooooo! Jay!!!!" we all shout! The gal laughs and says we have to wait, our friend will have to survive w/o us. I cant describe to you how funny it was to see Miss Jay turning to see us being closed away from him. He done good tho. We played a game right after and I won him a stuffed pumpkin - he was quite happy. Harris, Becky and Luva decide to go on a wacky ride - Harris comes off dizzy, cant drink his water, Roomie photographs it, we all laugh. The Klown Kollege Maze is the same - fun and silly. Half the crew wont go in due to "Clown Fears". Dorman sends some clowns over to terrify Lady, she's not pleased - Harris calls em off. The 3-D Las Vegas maze is way fun - the 3 D is always good times, reminds me of my druggie days.....Another new maze - The Cornstalkers. I dont like this one. Its all fucking corn!! I start sneezing, the smell is weird, its just kinda lame. I then sneeze for the rest of the nite. We play a game. Harris wins a spider for his lady - I wanted that dammit! Harris and Lady head out - he's sneezy and tired and she's done. The 8 of us then watch The Hanging at 11pm with funnel cakes and punch. Its its usual campy silly fun. Becky gets offended and spends the rest of the show in the bar. I laugh. I wont spoil and say who gets hung so my fellow Haunt Whores can be surprised. We all re-unite. The Dorman's head out - preggo mama is tired. She did so good! Hopefully baby will remember that nite! Us remaining 6 go to the last and final maze - Alien Annialation. This is where you get laser guns and shoot the monsters and each other. We do our usual photo - and kick monster ass. It was much better this year - the monsters actually fall down and pretend to be hit. I got to kill this big giant white dragon thing. I felt like a badass. After this - 4 of us go on that crazy sidewinder roller coaster thing. While they do that - Miss Jay and I go and play another game. I win myself a stuffed cartoon zombie thing. I'm happy.


We all reunite, head to the lockers, gather our stuff and all head out. Happy, tired - like a bunch of little kids after an amusement park. I crash into bed at 2am.

1 comment:

Rose said...

Honey, i love your stories! i feel like i'm there :) I'm happy you have had so much fun this week!!!! You deserve it!