Monday, September 29, 2008

San Clemente...


I'm going to blog now, and just ignore the fact that I'm back at work, and we may close our doors before the end of the year, leaving me jobless and moving back home. I'm going to ignore that and fuck working right now because I feel like whats the point. So - time to write about SC.


Wednesday morning I headed down and met up with mom at our time share in San Clemente. My grandparents purchased this about 5 years ago. We get 1 week a year down in San Clemente - the resorts being right on the corner where the pier is. So you basically cross the street and your on the beach. You overlook the ocean. They're beautiful. The only downfall is the train tracks and a station are also right there - so dont plan on sleeping to well....
So last week was our week. Wednesday was overcast and a bit chilly when I got down there. Mom and I visited, then the boy came down in the afternoon. The sun peeked out a bit, and the boy and I lounged on the beach. No suit for me, too cold, but nice to just nap on the towel. Wednesday night the 3 of us had dinner at my favorite spot - Fishermans Wharf - the sports grill side. We had yummy dinners, wine and a dessert the size of a large child. Thursday we all got up, had coffee on the balcony overlooking the ocean and the weather was perfect. Clear, warm, gorgeous. The boy and I went to the beach and sunbathed, slept, played in the water, walked the pier all day. Dinner again at Fishermans Wharf - this time just he & I, bucket of muscles, oysters, wine....Yummmmmmmy. He went back home. Mom and I watched Sweeney Todd.

Friday mom and I had plans for San Diego Wild Animal Park. We leave the cold, overcast San Clemente and arrive at the hot as fuck park. We pay to get in. (Way overpriced) and meander. I do see my favorite little Meerkats - we see Gorrillas - big ones - lots of birds. On to the tram ride. My little spot was in the sun the whole time. Fuck me. The tram chick never actually stopped so I never got to shoot any of the animals - not that it really mattered - the fuckers were so far away. You can pay an assload extra to take these other "tours" that put you a bit closer. Whatever. Mom and I were a bit annoyed. So we finish that and try to cover the park. Next stop we thought it'd be fun to go to feed the Lorkeets. Well, mom did. I'm not much of a bird person to be perfectly honest with you. I noticed the little girl inside and she couldnt get any of them to come to her. So I figured, it wont be so bad. NO. We go in and my mom has the little cup of nector - they fly at her. Then they fly at me! I have no nector you fuckers! I mean like 5-10 of these little birds attacking you. Mom gives me the nector because she's getting mauled. I squeal out of pure terror. She laughs and snaps photos. I give the nector back to her. The birds dont realize this and still fly at me. One lands on my head. I'm squealing and shreaking to get it off!!!! Needless to say - this was probably one of my most brilliant comic performances known to date. At least my mother thought so.

I'd like to point out something here.San Diego Wild Animal Park is ENORMOUS. I respect this, animals not in cages, its more of a reserve, etc etc. But warn a person!!!!!!!!!! We hiked uphills, downhills, sweating, bitching, dying to get to a clearing where the animals were never to be found. They were eithier sleeping or hiding. We got completly looped out at one point, I tried to put on sunblock and literally it leaped out of my hand and down a hill in which of course I had to stumble down to get. Everytime you saw a fellow dumbass like ourselves on this walk - they'd be sweating, bitching, dying as well. Noone was happy. Oh and the map they give you - fucking retarded. Dont bother. Every corner you turned another poor sap and his family is staring at the map in utter confusion - so at least we werent alone. We get some lunch. Its raining whatever the hell is falling off the trees into our food. Then a bee - A very angry determined bee - wants my lunch. He dives into my $7 diet coke and drowns. I had gotten one sip. Awesome. So after a long day. A very long day, mom and I head out - had fun but very dissappointed.

Next stop Carlsbad Outlet. My mother is insane. She still wanted to shop. So we did. This was fun, we found some good deals on things. We had a blast, but my feet were screaming with agony as were hers. We head back to our time share and collaspe in the jacuzzi. Perfect. So nice. Saturday I wake up and its cold and overcast. I mean COLD! I'm a bit dissappointed, but its still so nice. The boy comes down, but we never leave the room. He's watching football, mom and I visit on the balcony. Freezing. Saturday nite I head home a little earlier then planned, but nice because I'm able to get a few things done.

All in all it was a lovely few days. So nice to get away. So nice to not think. So nice to forget about the world crumbling around me.

1 comment:

Rose said...

glad you got to get away! the wild animal park IS a lot of walking - but that's good for you :) hahaha! everything but the basics are too expensive. i think when i went i had a coupon. and food was crap and overpriced. i do love the meerkats. the gorillas creep me out.