Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Simplicity...

Life is very overwhelming right now. Political whirlwinds. Economy crashing. Jobs hanging by a thread. So many stressed, worried, scared. It makes you appreciate the simple moments. I treasure them now. The moments that are nothing special. Just simple. Quiet. Blissful nothing.

I arrive before he gets home. I crawl into his bed in me birthday suit. I snuggle up with pillows and sheets. He walks in with the libations. He laughs. It gets hot and foggy and fuzzy and fun. We order pizza. Drink. Smoke. Very few clothing. Drink. Laugh. Chat. I help him pack. It gets hot and foggy and fuzzy and fun again. He's gone. Dreamland. He fought it like always. Wanting me to stay, refusing the sandman, but he always loses. I watch for a moment. He's a child again. Sleeping, dreaming, almost smiling. Years gone, a boy. I dress. I tidy. I close up. Not a stir. Soft kiss on the head, I slip out. I drive home, slowly. Its late. Altho I'm not alone on the road I feel isolated. Long drag, smoke spiraling, head tired. The lights whiz by in a blur. Its quiet. The air is salty - I taste the ocean. When I arrive home, I stand outside my truck for a moment, inhaling the heavy air. I hear nothing. Its so peaceful. I try to take that moment and lock it away to escape too when the world gets rough. When the world tears at my heart. When the world terrifies me.

Back. Life. Reading about the debates. Feeling the tension and sense of doom floating around my office. Wondering. Wondering. Worrying. Overwhelming. So tired. I look for that moment. I touch it. I smile.

3 comments:

Rose said...

i like your bloggie darlin'.

R-becca said...

Glad you have a wonderful escape.

Anonymous said...

Nice!