Thursday, August 28, 2008

Labor Day...Already?!

WTF!
Its Labor Day Weekend. Where the hell did my summer go. Why does summer have to end on Labor Day anyway? Fuck that. Hell, its SoCal - our summer goes late into September anyway...sometimes October. I love our seasons here. Yes - we have seasons. We have hot ass summers....then dry chilly falls that then turn into Santa Ana Winds so most the time a warm Xmas holiday....then SoCal says "Whoops! Its supposed to be winter and January-April its freezing...(Freezing for us Californians)....we may get some rain - doubtful - then it turns into Springlike which consists of Cold mornings, warm afternoons, cold nites and right into June Gloom beginning Summer all over again! So see...we have seasons.
Anywhoo - I'm dying at work today. My brain is leaking out the side of my ear I think from the massive amounts of true boredom. The day refuses to come to an end. Its been between 3-4pm for the past 4 hours. Maybe its holiday weekend fever. Maybe its because my company may come to a crashing end. Maybe its because I've been here 10 years too long.
I'm headin off to Vegas tomorow. Packin up my thoughts and my ass and headin out for a chill hot weekend. I hear its 106 degrees out there right now. Nice. Is it sad that I dont want to get all dolled up and go clubbing like I usually do? Is it sad that I'm looking foward to eating out and laying by the pool? Nah....I've been to Vegas so many godamn times I dont HAVE to "live it up" and I can "chill it up". Its always nice to get away for a few days. Away from everything. Away from life, from work, from commitments, from everything. You pretty much forget who you are when your in Vegas. I love it. I plan on smoking and drinking way too much. I plan on coming back with bells ringing in my ears, my body smelling of stale cigarette smoke, my eyes blurry from my haze of nothing. Love it. I think its my rockstar blood....I've got to get out there every now and again. T & Ber & The Jenster are my compadres for the weekend. Couldnt have a better trio. We're all similar in style, personality, and taste. We mesh well. I love my girls.
I'm rambling today, shocking I know. My mind is a screaming swirl of too much. I wish it to stop. Vegas is the perfect medicine. I'm not sick - finally. I feel pretty damn good. I'll miss my girls. I hope I dont come back to a warzone like before. I'm gone much much shorter of a time tho.....
Its Labor Day on Monday. Labor Day 2008. Hell I never thought I'd make it to 2000. Here I am. Its going to be Halloween soon, then the holidays, then another godamn new year. Is time speeding up? I feel like I lost some months in there somewhere.....
Alas...whateves.....rambling, rambling mind.....
Have a faboo holiday weekend folks! Hopefully I'll be back in time for Street Fair!

No comments: