Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Sick Vegas Weekend....



Literally. For me anyway. I woke up Friday morning with a scratchy throat and a cold. Nice. I love that the past couple of months I have fallen apart physically it seems and they always land when I'm taking vacation or doing something fun. WTF! Whatever. I felt like death on a cracker, but not bad enuff to not go.
Ber and T arrive at mom's house (Mom and I switched cars) and we got off to a bit later start then planned, but still out an onto the fwy early. Us 3 chatted, laughed, sang along to tunes (Well, I didnt...) discussed ping pong options, photographed road shots, stopped multiple times to pee (I was trying to soothe my throat and drinking alot of water), etc etc. We arrived in Stateline - I was starving - we got some sandwiches, chowed and hit the road again. We arrived in Vegas sometime around 2 or so. The J-ster was loungin by the pool waiting for us. (She flew).
We checked in, scouted out our room and got settled. Desert Rose is lovely - the comparison - Polo Towers has a better bathroom and a better location. Desert Rose has a better pool and no elevators. We head to Vons to stock up on weekend snacks and drinks, buy way too much as always and head back in time for the "Free Live Entertainment and Complimentary Drinks & Food" in the lobby. Sweet! We all roll into the lobby. Its fantastic. Our "Live Entertainment" is a hairy fellow playing bad elevator music on a casio keyboard. As we walk in we all get stared at as if us 4 ladies are from Jupiter. We get in line for the booze. We all get our little plastic wine cups and peer at the "snacks". It looks like someone threw up in a pan. We pass. We head outside. The one catch about staying at timeshare resort things is we were probably the youngest ones there. By about 60 years. Or the only Americans. Whatever. I love it. We venture back inside because its time for the door prizes! Lying bitches. No door prizes. Just a trip to San Antonio Texas that the only other young people won. The blue hairs were not pleased. The plate of barf has now taken a shape of actual tater tots or something...we taste...its like rubber goo. Yum.
Nite arrives. I know I'm too sick to play, but I can at least get dinner. The fabulous foursome walks to Hooters. This is next door and we were hungry. Before we eat we play some Dukes of Hazzard penny slots. I make out a bit with Bo Duke and we get in line for dinner. We get a lovely busted up Hooter Girl as our waitress. Food was shit. Ber was frightened of her wings. Understandably so. Who makes them with fucking butter! My burger moo'ed back at me when I bit into it. J's chowder looked similar to the potatoe barf. Whatever. We eat, we head out - J & T head off to play, Ber and I head back to the room. Ber's beat - I'm sick. We call it an early night. Fucking cold.
Saturday Ber and I head to catch some rays at the pool. Its cloudy. I mean rain cloudy. In fact it sprinkled a bit on us. Whatever. It was hot and I was hoping to dry up my cold. So we "pretended" to sunbathe. J joined us later. We smiled at the leather couple that walked by. Woman looked like a brown blow up doll. Back to the room. T wants to do some sight seeing. J is tired from a late prior eve, so just the 3 of us head out.
We stop at Tropicana at the cafe for lunch. Then wander the pool area a bit. It was like something out of a bad 80's movie. Altho the swim up blackjack was nifty. Cab ride to Wynn. $20. Jesus. None of us had been here before. Absolutley gorgeous. Its Bellagio pretty but not over done. Fab things hanging from the ceiling, an incredible water fall like wall thing out side. Note to self - I want to dine out there next time...
We head to Venetian. T & Ber have never been here, I have and adore it. We wander the Palazzo shops 1st. The highlight of our adventure is this art gallery we wander into. AMAZING artwork. Characterizations of musicians, mob art, cartoons, etc. Its fantastic. We also happen to find the David & Goliath store. I dont know how long we were in there but I havent laughed that hard in ages. I bought a tank top. We wander thru Venetian. Live statues, jugglers, we watch the godolas. We then wander to Paris - another one T hadnt seen and wanted to explore. We wandered the shops, I yearned for some pastries. By the time we leave Paris we figure we'll just walk back since we're half way there. Down the strip we trek. Its crowded, hot and long. T and I mistakenly wore flip flops. By the time we arrive back to our room we're done. We collaspe and attempt to recover. For me this does not happen. My cold kicked into full speed. Ber and I hit the jacuzzi in attempt to release sore muscles and call it an early nite. T and J like troopers head out to party again. I lay in bed, tissue to nose almost in tears because I want to play too. My wine fuzz knocks me out.
Sunday we get up, check out and waltz over to MGM determined to have a breakfast buffet. A nice sting in the wallet later we sit down. Buffet is the bomb. Our waitress is a cunt. Its rare I want to punch someone in the mouth, but this woman came close. I hope she trips and cuts her ugly bitchy face on a mimosa glass. We roll out, stuffed and happy and head back to the car. We hit the road home.
We laugh, we chat, we discuss the weekend. We had 4 goals. Laid, Marriage, Get Well, Win Money. 2 out of 4 aint bad. We especially giggle at the fact that one of us ladies did have a "What happens in Vegas Stays in Vegas" moment. God save the queen.
Love to my ladies for a fun weekend despite the fact I was ill the whole time. But the good thing is - its Vegas. Sin City is our neighbor. I'll be seein her again real soon. This time...Club Tao/Freemont Street/Wynn drinks.

1 comment:

Rose said...

stop getting sick!!!