Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Rambly Youth...

Falling. Falling. Falling. I try to grab onto something. Something solid, its cold, getting colder. I fall for so long, I start to drift in and out of madness. A strange sense of peace falls over me. I'll land. I'll land on my feet like a kitty. I smile. I reach out. My hand grabs what feels like a fine, covered in leaves and thorns. It then swings me around and I land square on my feet facing a forest. My hands are bleeding. I stare at them for a moment, the bright red lines forming an intricate bracelet around my arms. Theres no pain. I feel the wind, hear the soft whooshing as it sneaks thru the trees. It gets louder, yet feels softer. I start to walk thru the forest. I realize I'm barefoot and I can feel the soft cold mossy grass beneath my toes. The wind is flirtatiously playing with my hair. I smile. The light peeks thru the trees and I feel its warmth, then its gone. Darkness rolls in so fast. The wind grows wilder. Hands still bleeding. I touch my face to see if its real. A mirror appears and I see myself. Bloody hands, dirty feet in a soft green dress, hair wild and free, blood on my face from where I touched making me look as if I cried crimsom tears. I tilt my head to the left. "I look like a deranged Alice in Wonderland", I think to myself. I hear laughter - I turn from the mirror and see a girl running towards me. Its me. Its me when I was 3 or 4, strawberry blonde ringlets and fat cheeks. She stops in front of me. We stare at each other. She holds out her hands, they too are sparkling red. I take her hands in mind. Our blood as one. She laughs and we start to dance in a circle holding hands. The wind around us picks up and swirls. It swirls and swirls, lifting us both into the night sky. She's laughing. We start to spin so fast, the stars become lines of firey light. There's a snap/pop and there I am, standing in front of the hole I fell into staring up at the star that we just became. It winks at me. I smile. I'll always have my youth. Forever.

1 comment:

Rose said...

very nice jamiz!