Saturday, February 8, 2020

Old Towne Orange Vintage Food Walking Tour...

So - for Xmas I got Taylor an Old Town Food Tour!  I did one a while back with my friend Tianna which you can read about HERE.

1st of all - Food Tour.  Food.  Um in.  Also it's always super fun to be a tourist in your own town.  Taylor is one of my favorite adventure buddies so what better presie to give him for Xmas!  Yay! 

Tianna and I did the one, so Taylor chose the Vintage Tour.  FYI there's 3...so I think I need to do the 3rd one at some point! :)

Today was a perfect day!  Beautiful weather, a lovely tour guide and treking around Old Town with one of my favorite humans eating!

The tour started at Streamliner/Ruby's which I actually don't really patronize because of a really bad experience awhile back...but I'm starting to get over it.  Well today was lovely - Kimberly gave us a lovely history lesson about the trains, how they started, bringing produce in and out, Orange used to be a big farming area, and how the Ruby's here is different from all the other Ruby's because they kept the building to be like the old train depot.  I do love how Orange keeps stuff the way it used to be with a modern twist!

Kimberly giving us the intro

Learning about the train depot
This was also our 1st food taste!

After this we wandered over to what is apparently the oldest park in Orange County.  It's right outside Ruby's and a really cool Veteran's Memorial.



Quick Selfie moment
We stopped by the The Potting Shed- which I love - and got free little succulents!  Yay!

We then wandered over to the Farmer's Market - which FYI is way bigger than it used to be!!  Curses that I'm moving right when this damn thing has become awesome!  I'll just have to make some trips down here!

Farmers Market
There was a lovely moment where the tour guide handed out raffle tickets.  She had 3 loaves of bread to raffle off from one of the Farmers Market Vendors.  One was a sourdough loaf. I love sourdough and that's really all I should eat.  I almost bought a loaf so this was a sign!  I turned to Taylor and said "I'm going to win the sourdough loaf!"  The 1st name was drawn and she took the Marble loaf.  2nd number was ME!!!  So I took it !!!  Totes pissed off some preppy dude with this uncomfortable girlfriend cuz they wanted it...but....I WON!  Yaaaaaaas!

We then headed towards the Circle but stopped at the German woman's home which is is this beautiful home that everyone knows and she even came out and said hi!  She also gave us flyers for her Spring Boutique.  She has 2 a year and all proceeds go to CHOC.  How rad is that? 

Such a pretty home!
After this we wandered over to Rutabagorz.  We rallied inside and were served their yummy iced tea and vegetable/chicken soup.  Yum!!!  She also pulled out an original menu from the 70's that was decoupaged on!  So rad!!

Showing off the rad old timey menu

Dude

Delish
We then went next door to the Dragonfly Shop and got a free cute coaster!  My mom loves this store!

Next foodie stop was Zitos!  I really shouldn't have eaten pizza but damn it was so freaking good!!!

So good
We then headed into the Circle part of the Circle.  She chatted about the history of how Orange started by...oh...FYI...a bunch of WOMEN that said "Hey...we need to make this cool".  Cuz yeah...WOMEN GET SHIT DONE. 

Snack

Happy Xmas T!
Next up was a couple of Vintage Stores in the Circle.  Now...this is always the parts I don't super care about in the food tour, shopping.  I'm on a FOOD TOUR.  Feed me bitches!!!

We then landed at Wahoos.  Literally just had lunch here Friday...which I have almost every Friday with dad.  But of course yum!  I also didn't take a pic of the food, but they gave us rice/beans and a bit of pork.

Wahoos Decor
We then went over to Taco Adobe.  Apparently the place is too little to get us all in there, so we ate street Chix Tacos in the alley.  Kind of random but delicious none the less.  FYI - Taylor and I were pros...ate that gloriousness and didn't spill.  Everyone else was making a damn mess.  Seriously people...STREET  TACOS.

Amateurs.
Then we were given yummy little candies.  OMG my gramma used to have these out for us to eat all the time!!!

Last stop was the Hilbert Museum.  Not too exciting for me...Um I work at Chapman.  But our Tour Guide was adorable and it was a super fun day and I totally learned a few more thing about Orange I may have not known.

Taylor and I then landed at Provisions because there was not booze on this tour (WTF) to grab a couple of drinks and maybe some more food (Fatties)

Cheers to a perfect day!


It was a perfect day with one of my dearest and had so much fun!!!  I'm stuffed and happy and so glad we did this!





No comments: