Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Oh just another blog on geocaching...

Because I love documenting my finds!

Here's some more!

Pat and I went to a wedding in AZ that you can read about here.  On the way we stopped at Chiraco Summit and I looked up a Virtual Cache there!  We stopped and ate at the little restaurant there and right next to it is the General Patton Memorial Museum, which is where the Virtual Cache was.  The museum doesn't have to be open to complete this task so a quick little walk over, answered the questions - BOOM.  Logged.


So over holiday break I basically just ate and drank myself to almost 10 pounds of extra weight.  But that's what you're supposed to do right?  Well one of the days I had to drag my ass out and move.  So my friend Stacey and I decided to do some geocaching!  I looked on my map for somewhere there may be a bunch and there was some off Cannon Street in Orange.  It's a nice hill street so we'd get a little bit of a work out in as well.  We found 3 out of 4!

Check out the trick rock!

I loved these little blue flowers

This one was rad!  You have to fill it up with water and the cache floats up to the top.  You'll see below the hole you have to plug while you're pouring the water in.  So fun!


One of my best caching buddies


Left a little swag in this one!
On New Years Day I wanted to earn the Hello 2020 souvenir since I totally forgot to get the goodbye 2019 one.  So Pat and I took a walk on the beautiful New Years Day in Yorba Regional Park and found 3 out of 4!

The biggest damn squirrel was not happy I was geocaching in his hood

This one earned me my souvenir!

A boy and his dog

Geese

Sunburst!

Clever

I'm getting good at these!

I threw a wedding here once!
Another day - my "hubs" and I went and did a Scavenger Hunt at the Getty!  You can read about that HERE.  There was an Virtual Cache I wanted to hit up.  It led you over to these little cactus and gave you a knowledge on what they're called!

He's always up for an adventure!

Barrel Cactus...FYI




I'm also in the process of doing The Artist's Way - which if you're really bored you can read about my journey HERE and one of the things you do is go on Artists Dates.  I decided to walk down to the Orange Circle one morning and remembered there was a cache in front of City  Hall.  I'd looked once before but it was kind of busy, so this was a perfect time as it was so friggin quiet!  I found it!  Sadly I forgot a pen so I couldn't sign, but I did log it!


You're around here somewhere



OMG could it be that obvious?!
It sure can!



Another morning I got me a pedicure and knew there was a cache around the corner so BAM!

Been wanting to grab you for a while!



My little adventure group landed at La Brea Tar Pits - another read about HERE if you wanted.  Well there was 1 actual cache and 2 Virtual ones!  So of course I had to hit them up!

I left one of my dragons!

Teaching Jack about caching

We learned some stuff!
Another Artists Date landed me wandering Handy Park - right behind the old Elementary School I used to go to!!  There's a new cache there!!  I was also hell bent on getting one because I earned myself the Palindrome souvenir!


Hi new cache!
New souvenir!
And the last official cache of this blog was a new one at The District in Tustin.  Easy Parking Lot Grab after Happy Hour with a girlfriend!

Happy Hour Cache!

I can't get over how much I love doing this!!!  I'm sure more of my Artists Dates are going to be caching.  I'm also really hoping to hide my 1st one once I get settled in my new place!  It's right across from some trails so I think I can find a great location!!!!!

Happy Caching Friends!!!!






No comments: