Monday, August 21, 2023

Cooking Class and an Adventure Lab...

 As a birthday gift to Pat I gifted us a cooking class!  He'd been wanting to learn how to make ravioli or pasta or something of the like, so we landed with ClassPop.  We signed up for Chef Derrick's Pasta and Pesto Class.  It was so much fun!

It was in a private area at a restaurant and he showed us how to make pasta and pesto from scratch.  He did do the Pasta in a food processor which was a little disappointing because I was hoping to learn the flour volcano way, but we had a ball and learned a lot! Like don't use Extra Virgin Olive Oil to cook.  Or if you get 00 flour you don't have to sift it.  He had a kitchen maid with attachments that made the pasta.  It was so cool!  Pat & I will probably just get the hand pasta maker, but man do I want a kitchen aid now!  It was a little better than our last class because it was just 6 of us and we didn't make as much so we got to eat a bit sooner.  So much fun!



What we're makin!



Pat was excited to jump in





Another tip was take the pasta and put it right into the pesto then mix.


So delicious!

Random Storm Troopers on the way out

I do love me some cooking classes!

Another fun adventure this weekend was another Adventure Lab!  It's hard to find folks interested in doing this with me (I don't know why!) but my mom was like - I wanna try it!  And she loved it.  Looks like I finally have an Adventure Lab buddy.  I knew her 1st one had to be a good one so there was a Floral Park House one in Santa Ana I knew she'd love.  So much fun!

1st one!

FYI - Floral Park is basically a neighborhood of friggin rad houses. 

Nope - not Halloween decor

Poe loves his Gramma

The roof on this one was legit!


Oh if I had a yard...

Poe helping clean up the street

Love this!  I'm thinking of doing something like this on my porch

So cool thing about this house - it was bought by the Maharaja of Indore. (Like richest dude in the world) He wanted a safe place for his 5 year old daughter.  Princess Usha.  Well - my Papa (Grandfather) was her bodyguard!!!  How rad is that.

Cool little garden in their front yard


Yup - her dad - my Papa used to be a bodyguard here!

We finished!

So there was no bonus cache with this Adventure Lab but I did notice a geocache at this little park we passed - so we headed back there and found it!  It's this really cute little memorial park.

Poe is like...geocaching again mom?

Poe and Gramma

I love this tree!  It's a memorial tree in honor of this dudes parents

Look at all these little memorial hearts!

My mom loved this

So there you have!  Two fun adventures of two things I love to do!


No comments: