Sunday, November 27, 2016

Thanksgiving Weekend...

So, I've been dreading this a bit since Thanksgiving has always been a bit of a rough time.  Made even rougher this year by the fact that the 3 year anniversary of my Papa's passing fell on the actual day this year.  This is also the 1st Thanksgiving without my gramma and without Shane and Danelle.

But - of course - my mom made it super rad.

We decided to have a potluck at her house.  We weren't sure if anyone would come, but we ended up with the perfect crew.  Dave and Petey, Justin and Jody.  Such a wonderful holiday!

Mom of course decorated the place to the nine.

Fall themed

Mom's table



Justin arrived 1st and made yummy pumpkin mousse and oreo brownies!  He also brought  delish dill dip!

Justin with a bottle of Justin!

Me & the "Hubs"
Mom made a beautiful bird, stuffing, cranberry relish, fruit salad, sweet potatoes, cucumber salad and gravy. (Funny side note - the gravy came out a bit odd and guessed who spiced it up?!  ME!!)

Basting the bird


I made my non dairy green bean casserole. So yum!

Pete and Dave came over with rolls in hand and an amazing garlic mashed potatoes!  Jody waltzed in with a plumeria branch for mom and the group was ready!

Everyone has arrived!

 So when it came time to cut the turkey - nor mom or I had ever done it.  Let's just say we got creative.  It also totally freaked me out.  I have a thing about seeing meats in their true form, or bones, or...well you know.  Let's just say when the legs got pulled off I didn't take it all that well.  Justin was of course there to capture it.

Seriously so gross



After the turkey tearing up we chatted, drank wine and spirits and had a lovely day.  When it was time to sit around the table we had fun poppers that had prizes and games inside!

Friend Fam!
Thanks to mom for hosting yet another perfect event and to all who came out.  It truly was a really great holiday!!!

The Friday after I hit up a hike with Lib and Hailey.


Saturday evening brought the wedding of my beautiful friend Maryanne.  You'll see that in the next blog.

Sunday started out super lazy which was AWESOME.  I can't remember the last time I just stayed in bed for a couple of hours.  It was raining and cold and I just stayed snuggled up and enjoyed.  That afternoon was my wine date with Tully!  He is so rad an usually invites me to be his "date" at the pick up party for his wine club.  This brings me Tully time and a bottle of wine (Or in this case 2!)  Love me some Tully!!

Tully and McCoy Wine Time!
It was a perfectly relaxing awesome 4 day weekend.  So needed right now!  I kinda don't want to go back to work tomorrow...

Yay Vacay!


No comments: