Monday, November 21, 2016

How about another dating update...

So.
Wondering how I'm doing with the e-harmony journey?
Wondering if I've found love and it's been so fun and so rad and just lovely?
Yeah.
No.

via GIPHY

So the last you heard was this right?

So a month or so after that - that guy TEXT ME AGAIN!  I get this "How's the new fella?".  Well, I had deleted that guys number so I had to text back "Who is this?!"  It was ginger!  WTF?!  So we text a bit...I was totally up front and told him why I peaced out.  He's like well if you want to go out again I'm here. (AGAIN WITH THE NOT COMMITTING)  Bite me.  He then texts me again a few days later so I thought - you know what?  It's not like I'm having any luck so why not?  I text back "In!"  DIDN'T HEAR BACK!

via GIPHY

So there's that.

The latest trend (which I've learned from other poor saps trying to online date) is we get to texting, we hit it off, we're having some good texting convo, but then the second I mention trying to get together they're busy, or have to check their schedule, or I don't know it's kinda crazy right now.  So basically - I just want to fucking text you and keep you hanging on a string but I never want to actually go out with you because I have no balls and I'm a fucking loser who likes to hide behind my phone.  Eat a dick dude.

I'M SO FUCKING DONE!!

Also - random side note - why do guys send selfies?  I just start texting you and I get a "Hi!" followed by a selfie.  Or "Happy Friday!" followed by a selfie.  I mean - It's not a horrible thing but isn't that weird?  "Hey I'm walking around the city - here's a selfie".  Did I ask for one?  I guess I should be happy it isn't a dick pick.

via GIPHY

So - I'm pretty much done.  And want to cry. And I wish I could just turn it all off, but I paid until March.  But then......

Went on a date.

It was a good one.

He was cute and nice and we have stuff in common AND HE PAID FOR MY DRINKS!

via GIPHY

We've only been on one date.  We have not committed to another one, but we have a tentative talk of one.  We'll call him sleeves.  (Yup.  Tattooed dude.  Love it.)  I'm trying not to get my hopes up, even though I drove home after the date and thought "Just fucking marry me and be the one so I can stop dating because I really really really don't want to fucking do this anymore and you seemed nice and normal and it was only little awkward and please please please!!!!!""

via GIPHY

Sigh.
Take a breath.
One date.
One date went well.
OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG.

Seriously though.  This is exhausting.  I changed my shirt like 10 times because this is a date in cold weather.  I don't look as cute in cold weather.  It'd be weird to go on a date with a beanie right?  I don't want dress up but don't want to be too casual.  I straighten my hair.  I start stressing and having tummy aches.

via GIPHY

It's exhausting.

I swear it's harder when the date goes well because then the over thinking and over analyzing starts in.

So here's to hoping.  Fingers crossed.  Accepting good vibes.  OMG.

via GIPHY







No comments: