Tuesday, September 6, 2016

DeathTrap Update...

Welp - Day 2 into tech week.

It's been a bit of a challenge I must say, but let's start with the good shall we!

We have a set!


Tried out my panoramic on my phone
I must say, when I walked in Sunday afternoon I was like "Holy Shit! There's a set!"  It was just sort of magically there.  Great job to Jim Huffman!

Another bit of cool is I'm really enjoying watching my fellow castmates come into their roles.  Despite the difficulties, Thom and Lucas have found some really great stuff.  Lucas is playing up the creepy sociopath quite well!  In our scene together we have some really fun uncomfortable tension together.  I'm really enjoying him finding new levels.

Unfortunately this whole process had been rough.  The rehearsals are very disorganized, we still don't have all of our props and we didn't get enough set time.  The theater is shared with other productions so ours isn't a priority.  Our characters intentions are constantly changing as is our blocking so it's been quite difficult to meld with our characters.  I think we're finally landed with mine but it's still a bit weird.  My latest accent they like gives it more of a comic feel (and she's written to be the comic relief) but they're wanting me to play up the seriousness and tension.  It's quite a difficult ballet lemme tell ya.  I'm used to working under different circumstances, but it's always good to learn how to adapt right?  This is a good test of patience and improvisation :)

More good!  The cast is great.  Everyone is really nice and giving it their all.  The theater is super nice.  It's got a huge backstage, dressing rooms, costume room and they have all kinds of stuff right there at our disposal.  I was surprised at our chill Tech Sunday.  They brought us dinner and we only ran the show once which stunned me.  I'm confident the show will come together and be a lot of fun for the crowds.  I've got to focus more.  I plan on trying to run my lines actually onstage the last few nights before we open.  Last night I was super off and unfocused.  We were just working with our costumes and some props but man it threw me more than it should.  I think I need to just relax and meld with my character.

I'll probably not post again until after the show is done (It's only 3 weekends) or somewhere mid-way through so fingers crossed it all comes together!!!

More pics below!

I HATE rehearsing in this room hence my face.

One of our on set nights. Yay!

1st part of tech week!!

Poor Jackie

I have lots of time backstage so I can catch a few of these shots!

Helga's Outfit #3.  Purple is her signature color.

This might be my fave even though sweat pants look horrible on me.  Outfit #2

Outfit #1.  I'm a little bummed the PJ bottoms don't match. 
Keeney and I


Our Stage Manager Nicole

Again...I have lots of time backstage.....

High hopes for a successful run!!
Eeeeek!

No comments: