Monday, August 29, 2016

Another trip to the Magical Kingdom...

You're going to start thinking I actually like Disneyland.

Let me put it this way - I like watching my mom at Disneyland.  Thanks to muwah she was able to go twice last year.  Thanks to another friend she got to go again a few days ago.  And thanks to yet another friend I could join her.  Taylor has a pass so he joined up with us as well.

I was a bit worried that it was going to be quite crowded.  It was late August, in summer and the 60th Diamond thing Disney is doing is coming to an end so I figured lots would be scrambling to get there before it's over.  It was crowded - but not bad at all until the evening.

My lovely friend's roommate who was signing me in could do so at 1pm.  Being the "early and rather safe than sorry" people that mom and I are, we got there at 9:30 for our brekkie reservation at La Brea Bakery.  They had mimosas.  I was happy.

Mom and I then dicked around Downtown Disney for awhile, purchased some new sunglasses, hit the outside bar and people watched.

New shades

Once we were signed in - Taylor joined us and off we went.  We rode a couple rides and took advantage of the picture people.


I seriously love this picture



One of the benefits of having Taylor along (other than he's rad) is that he's full of fun random facts of The Mouse.  My mother loves this.  Taylor also introduced us to a couple of things we actually had never seen (I couldn't believe it).  We saw a little back area of Cars Land and rode the Monsters Inc ride.  Did you know there was a Monsters Inc ride?  It was adorable.  I've never see the movie but mom and Taylor were filling me in on the storyline.

We had an early dinner reservation at Ariel's Grotto.  I voted for that because it had alcohol and we'd never been.  Well apparently it's a princess dinner thing.  The little princesses come and visit your table.  It was darling.  Taylor's birthday was the closest so we said we were celebrating that, thus getting him an extra cupcake!

It's a flower!

Loved the Grotto decor

Yum!

Princess Rapunzel

Princess Tiana

Mom with the Princess of Princesses Cinderella

Princess Belle

Happy Early Birthday Taylor!




More wandering around, frustrating game playing, then we of course had to play the Buzz Game.

Mom kicked my ass this time around.



Evening fell and mom really wanted to stay for the firework show.  We had seen the Color show and the LED Parade but had not witnessed the faboo firework show yet.  This is when the crowds really rolled in.  We grabbed a spot for the parade (not seeing too much but we'd seen it) and then milling into a spot on Main Street for prime firework viewing.  It was pretty cool.  They shot projections all over the buildings on Main Street, the Castle and Matterhorn.  Tinkerbell flew across the sky as did Nemo.  They ran through highlights of movies past and talked of Walt.  It was really cool.

We headed out exhausted but happy.  Another 13 hour day in the books.  It's hard to keep up with that woman when she's having fun!

It was a lovely day with mellow crowds, perfect weather and wonderful company!



No comments: