Thursday, September 22, 2016

Pottermore...

You guys.
There's a website called Pottermore.
It's so fucking cool!!
I'm also told it's been around for a few years, but you know how behind I am on EVERYTHING.

Anywhoo - Books 1-5 came out and I was like "Eh".  My mom started reading them and was on me to start.  I didn't want to jump on the bandwagon because EVERYBODY was doing it and sometimes I try to be independent.  Plus I thought they were kids books.  By the time Book 6 was about to come out my mom was like "READ THEM!" So I did.  I blasted through 1-5 and fell in love.

via GIPHY

I was so excited and couldn't wait for Book 6.  Now  - here's my warning:




****SPOILERS!!!!!**** 



If you have not read the books or seen the movies and don't want to be spoiled  - STOP READING.

Moving on - speaking of spoilers, I was livid when I was standing in line at the grocery store and the two women behind me were talking about what happened in Book 6 that had just come out.  I was not able to read it yet and they blurted out "Wasn't that awful when Dumbledore died?!"

via GIPHY

I was so pissed.  So when Book 7 came out - I read the whole thing in one night.  I mean this moment....

via GIPHY

Only one of the very many feels I had during the reading of these books.

Anywhoo - I have gotten way off track, but as you can see - love me some Harry Potter.  And yes - I of course want to secretly be a witch/wizard.  I really want go to Hogwarts and I really really want Buckbeak as a pet.


So - there is this super fun little website I mentioned in the beginning that I have just now found because I'm a bit slow - but it's so cool!!

I immediate took "What's my Patronus" quiz.  Like you guys...this moment right....??!!!

via GIPHY

Anywhoo - my Patronus is:

Yup.  A Chow Dog.  I went back to try to take it again, because a couple of the questions I thought I may have chosen differently but you can't.  Once you're assigned, that's it.  I'm actually kind of ok with that.  I mean - look at the goddamn fluff.

Then I did the sorting house one.  OMG.  I mean I'm totally Griffindor right?  Nope.

Ok.  I guess maybe I do have a dark side.  I mean this moment...

via GIPHY

He's a Slytherin. 
Need I say more?

Then - one of my favorite results was the wand.  I got a Cypress wood with a Phoenix feather core 12 ½" and Quite Bendy flexibility.  A Phoenix feather you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm right now in the process of getting my Phoenix tattoo!!!  I AM A FUCKING PHOENIX!


There is also the Ilvermorny House which I'm still kind of learning about but I'm the Horned Serpent.  Named by Isolt Sayre after the great horned river serpent that has a jewel set into its forehead; Horned Serpent house is sometimes considered to represent the mind of a witch or wizard. It is also said that Horned Serpent favours scholars.  BOOM.

I still have lots to play with in this adorable site but for now - I'm just damn excited!!!  

Now off to fantasize about joining the house of Slytherin with my Black Cat (that was one of the questions - which pet would you have. Um Duh) with my Phoenix wand that at any moment I can Expecto my Chow Dog Patronus!!!!

Yay HP!




No comments: