Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Jury Duty Musings...

I haven't been called for Jury Duty since I was married.
I've actually totally forgotten what you even do and had to go to the website and read the "What to Expect" stuff.
They called me when I was going Bottlerock.  I postponed to the 30th of June.  I came prepared with my tote full of snacks, water, my book, some magazines and a sweater.  Put on my Biz Casual Outfit and arrived ready to do my duty as a citizen or what the majority of the population think as a long ass boring day and fingers crossed you don't get called.
So - Musings of Jury Duty by Jami:

  • NO ONE talks to each other.  (Although I was told by friends this changes later in the afternoon.  I didn't make it that far.  You'll see why below.)
  • WiiFi sucks.
  • It's awesome people watching.  The range from major Whiskey Tangos to suited up Biz folks to kids looking like they just rolled out of bed.
  • There was a terrified nervous girl in a white dress.  This must be her 1st time.  She dressed as the appropriate virgin.
  • There was an embarrassed dude that was there with his very loud and confused mom.
  • Leggings aren't pants!!!!!
  • There's a dude already sleeping.  We're 20 min in.
  • The repeated announcement is getting annoying.
  • So glad I got here early.  The seating is weird.  I got an aisle.
  • Why do they keep calling random people up?  I assume these were "issues" or "excuses"
  • There's some know-it-all lady talking about volunteering and what not.  Now people are asking her questions.  Some lady asked to use her phone charger.
  • The skinniest judge ever greets us and tells us why Jury Duty is rad.  Stop.
  • I can't stop staring at how much work this judge has had done.  I think all her fat got sucked out of her whole body into her lips.  Also why are her cheeks so high?
  • We watch the very patriotic video about being a juror.  Kill me.
  • The 1st call for jurors is happening.  Please don't call me. Please don't call me.  Please don't call me.  Yeeessssssssssssssss.
  • Next time I'm bringing my laptop so I can live blog.
  • I'm now reading my Jenny Lawson book.  I keep giggling out loud.  People keep looking at me.
  • They have game shows on the TVs around the room.  It's a bit hard to drown it out so I find myself watching them a bit.
  • I'm fucking rad at Family Feud. 
  • Why do all the contestants suck at Family Fued?
  • This contestant guessing Abe Lincoln signed the Declaration of Independence actually caused a community moan from us bored jurors.
  • I feel so bad for the gal that's doing roll call trying to pronounce all these names.
  • Why do people pronounce my name Jammie.
  • Seriously I'm an awesome game show contestant.  I just killed it in Chain Reaction.
  • How is it not lunch time yet.
  • My stomach is growling and I have no snacks left.
  • Now she's doing a roll call for those excused for lunch.  WHAT?!  Don't we all get lunch at noon?
  • She tells the people that can go to lunch to leave.
  • A good hunk of us are wondering why we don't go to.
  • This one woman has been standing near the exit door all morning.  I think she's trying to make a break for it.
  • I start trying to think of a good way to ask the lady a chair over to share her delicious snack with me.
  • They do another announcement - WE GET TO GO HOME!  Ha ha ha you lunch people!  
  • I think the key is doing Jury Duty near a holiday weekend.  The courts want to peace out too.
  • The mad rush to get checked out was hilarious.  You would have thought they were handing out free money.
  • I took my time.  I have the rest of the day now!
My bestie was on vacay.  The rest of my afternoon turned into a 3 hour lunch.


Until next time!

No comments: