Saturday, August 7, 2010

This week...

This has been quite an up an down week I'll tell ya.
Yes, still struggling with the non-smoking. Yes, I've had a cig here and there but I'm starting to develop a painful cough so I think its starting to move its way out. I still have horrible road rage, and the cravings have not stopped. I'm also gaining weight I think. FML.
On a very sad note, we had to put down our family kitty. Gallagher was 20 something years old (we think 23 or 25). His time had come ant it was such a sad day. The house feels very empty without his old crotchety self around.
An amazing thing did happen this week - the Prop 8 ban was lifted! I actually teared up a little with that hopeful feeling again that people will open up their fucking minds. Promptly after that one of my dearest friends popped the question to his partner of many many years - I love them both so very much and am looking forward to being a bridesmaid :)
I got a Brazilian blow out last week - a part of my major attempt at change. It didnt take. Nice huh? The gal who did it is very sweet and wants me to come back next week at no charge and she's trying again. I keep hearing such great things about these and I'd really like for it to work! So, we'll see. Lets hope I can say goodbye to frizz!
It also seems like I'm going through another realization about some of the people that surround my life. There is always the true test constantly of who your friends really are. Its hard when people disappoint you. I do find it interesting though when you see the true side of people and realize who they actually can be. I'm glad to state that I still think I'm a very good person and an even better friend. I'm real. I'm loyal. I'm honest. I'm low drama and laid back. I'm usually up to try anything. I'm apparently pretty entertaining as well. I'm amazed all the time when people put on such a front. Well, it always eventually cracks and the "real" you comes out and alot of the times isnt very appealing. So I feel pretty damn good about myself that there isnt - nor will there ever be - a front or a fakeness about me. I'm me. I'm real. This is who I am. I'm not perfect. I'm going through a really lengthy rough phase right now. I also can be brutally honest. But there are people who love me for that. And that means the world. Right now I need alot of support and its really interesting to see those who are truly supportive and those who are not.
I guess life is about change. My rough patch has been going on for quite sometime, but realllly workin on gettin out of that. Quitting smoking will be huge. I'm sure that will lead my fat ass into being more active. I register for OCC on August 16 - unfortunately I may be taking underwater basketweaving just to get in the door but I'm goin back. My career counsler suggest I look into Speech Therapy. Interesting.
I'm trying so hard to cut back financially and find more ways to make some dough. It helps alot to fantasize about where my life could be in a year or two or four. I'm workin on it and I love those standing by my side while I do it.
I got some things comin up to look foward too. A wedding I'm super excited about, another wedding in the works, Street Fair, bike rides, more summer weather, a quick San Fran trip, football season, some free concerts and picnics, maybe kickball, maybe softball, a charity cook off, some farmers markets, photo play dates, etc etc and etc.
I got through this crazy week. I can get through more.

No comments: