Saturday, August 28, 2010

Its early...

Got home after 1am this morning. Rolled my ass outta bed this morning at 6am to help ma with her garage sale. Good Lord. My eyes are grainy, I'm a little fuzzy and my mind is spinnin.
Breathe. Breathe. Breathe.
You'd think I'd be breathing easier due to the smoking thing, but maybe if I actually completly quit I would be. Dont worry - havent started up again by any means, but I'm still cheating here and there. Not gonna lie. I've got to be honest with myself if I'm gonna get through this. I'm so strung out right now though its hard as hell. So there's goods and bads to report this cold and cloudy early morning (WTF summer?!)
I can officially announce it. I got another job. I'll be working at Chapman University! I'm a little freaked out, ok alot freaked out. I got one day of training last week and I'll be going in nights next week after the Symphony and hoping to GAWD I remember at least an inkling of what the gal filled my brain with on training day. The scary thing is, I have no one there to help me. Apparently no one else is trained to do this. Oh lord oh lord oh lord.
So next week will be a little harry. M-Th workin my last week at PSO in the day and rollin into Chapman at night. Then Friday will be my 1st full day at Chapman.
Once I get the hang of the job (Its pretty much the same thing I was doing at PSO just on an entirely different system and a college is waaaaaaaaaaay different then an arts organization) I will be really excited. After working there 6 months I can go to school there!!!! Alot of the programs are free to employees! (Not all, but alot!) I can go to a private university FOR FREE! That's what sold me. So - there's the news. The good news I'm hopin! I also get to drive a little golf cart like thing apparently so that will be for interesting times I'm sure.
To balance out the good of course there is still the looming car issue. I have yet to find someone to replace the cadaletic converter. Yes. I admit I havent tried very hard....It pains me to have forked out so much money last week and I'm still not done. But I gotta do it. Damn car. I only have like 1 more year to pay off that damn truck and if it dies on me after that I may kill someone. I'm so excited for the 1st time in my life to have a vehicle and not a payment!!! I mean I already have the ex-douchebag's loan, if I could eliminate one of em...well you've all heard it. Ugh.
Ok lets do good bad good bad here....so another good - my lovely T-mow got us tix to Muse. We're like 6 row from the floor or something like that. I'm so excited to see them. They were my favorite at Coachella this year.
Bad. Papa worries me. You've all read how much my Papa means to me. I know how life is. I know we all live and we all die. But I dont want to lose him. I'm also reeeeeally sick of people saying "Well Jami he IS 96 you know....". Fuck you. He's my Papa. I dont care how old he is, and yes I'm so thankful he's been with us all these years, dont even think I've taken a second of that for granted, but I probably love him more then I've ever loved anyone. Seeing him slow down so very much these past couple of years is tearing me apart.
Ok GOOD. Shit that last one teared me up. I am tired as hell though remember....
Lil bro comes home for Labor Day! I'm watching my girls right now playing - Tweaks is hiding under the chair poking out her paw every few seconds trying to attack her sister above. Watching the chair cover pouf and Tabitha jump is pretty damn funny.
Bad - I've gained weight. I really didnt want to be that girl who tries to quit smoking and becomes a fatty. I was thinking of going on a diet but I honestly dont even know how to diet....Sigh.
Ok lets end on a good....ummmmm The Harris/Alamo wedding was lovely last weekend, the shhhhhhhhhhh party was as always a kick, and I'm headin out to a Foodie Fest today that T has deemed Roachella. Diet will have to wait. Lets hope it warms the fuck up.

No comments: