Sunday, August 22, 2010

Amusing....

I dont sweat the small stuff.
I dont know why, but I thought that was funny.
I had a gift card to Barnes & Noble, and heard a rumour they may be closing or getting bought out so I figured I should use it. I grab a Christopher Moore book, a Rolling Stone Magazine and I have about $10 left - for funners I pick up "Dont Sweat the Small Stuff Workbook". I like things like that - books that kinda quiz you, or motivate you, or inspire you.
So I've gone through the 1st couple of "tests". The scoring was pretty funny - "You dont seat the small stuff" was one result. The other was "Your pretty easy going".
This is true.
I guess when really f-ed up situations happen to me I flip out. Sadly more of those have happened to me in my life then I care to admit.
Maybe thats why I dont sweat the small stuff. Its just small. I mean - one of the things you were supposed to score yourself on was "How do you react if someone in front of you at the grocery store has more then 10 items in the 10 items only line." Another one was "How do you react when the cable goes out during your favorite TV show". My answers were pretty much who the fuck cares. Then I thought...do people actually freak out about this stuff? I mean really?! But I guess so or these books wouldnt have been written right?
I dont know...I find it pretty interesting what sets people off. Death, divorce, hard times, set backs...I mean those suck. Those are issues. But "How do you react if your drive thru order is wrong?". Please.
I'll continue to finish the workbook - I'm sure I'll get fun little somethings out of it.
But ya -
I really am easy going, except when life blindsides me and knocks me on my ass. Guess my ass has just gotten really strong from gettin knocked on it so many times.
So to those out there who do "Sweat the small stuff". I just dont get ya.

No comments: