Saturday, January 25, 2020

Artists Way Week 2...

Here I am   beginning week 2 like a good little student.  I have a pretty freed up weekend which is nice, so I had plenty of time this morning to sit down and start the Week 2 tasks.  I plan to check in with my other 2 friends doing this later today.

One thing I found interesting was I was to list 20 things I like to do then put the date of the last time I did them.  Here's the weird thing - I had a really hard time coming up with 20 things!  Why was that so hard!?  Do I not like to do 20 things?  I'm so curious what I wrote before, but I have no idea where my previous 2 times of Artists Way homework lives.  So - I want to list these things here because it was so strange to me that this was a hard list to come up with.  Now this is not the order I prefer - just a list of 20 things I enjoy:
Eating Out
Adventure/Scavenger Hunts
Hiking
Geocaching
Traveling
Sex
Blogging
Photo Play Days
San Clemente Stays
Playing Tennis
Doing a show I'm excited about
Sunbathing/Relaxing by water (Lake, Beach, Pool)
Cooking with someone
Hanging with Family/Boyfriend/Friends (This one is like my priority but I don't know if it's an "activity")
Wine Tasting
Halloween/Horror stuff
Seeing a show - music or theater usually
Enjoying a quiet morning drinking coffee
Going to a sports game
Taking a fun class

That should not have been as hard of a list to come up with.  I don't know what that says about me but I guess I need to really pay more attention to what brings me joy.

In Week 1 we were to list 5 lives we'd love to have, then this week it said 3 more.  I find some of my choices interesting:  A Writer, A Camp Counselor (Really?!), A Photographer, An Actress, A Lead of an Animal Sanctuary, A Teacher, A Sommelier, A Food Critic.    Hmmmm....I'm so in the wrong field of work but I don't know how to make money on any of these things and now I'm 43...so.....shit.

We then drew a pie consisting of Spirituality, Adventure, Work, Family/Friends, Exercise, Romance.  Where do you lack?  These were not surprise at all.  I need a new fucking job.

Then we list 10 tiny changes.  "I would like to..."  I'm not sure if mine were so tiny, but a lot of them are good goals to aspire too.  So we'll see where that leads.

I was supposed to do one of my 20 things I enjoy items and I knew I had planned to cook with Pat on Wednesday night.  We started trying to cook together when it started getting dark earlier and we couldn't hike after work.  We fell off it a bit but were going to get back on this week.  We had an appointment that evening so unfortunately it was rushed and we didn't have that moment of wow look at the neat thing we cooked together, but it was still nice.  I really do enjoy cooking with him and we were working together pretty well in my tiny kitchen.  Hopefully next time we won't be rushed.  If you're interested here's what we made!  It was yummy!
Shrimp with Spinach



I did notice something one night I wanted to mention.  So I have a Gratitude Journal I try to write in every morning.  It's got a bit pushed to the side due to the morning pages, but last night I found myself wanting to write.  To Journal.  I thought I'm going to go ahead and do a couple of pages in my Gratitude Journal tonight.  This went against my OCD nature (because that journal is supposed to be part of my morning routine!) and is the 1st time in a long time I found myself actually wanting to write out of the blue.  So there's something!  Let's see if it happens more often!

So for my Artists Date this week I got up early and walked over to the Orange Circle to have my own mini Photo Play Day.  Hey look - one of my 20 things I enjoy!  Got a great walk (7K steps!) and got to play with my camera.  You can see the results of that here.  I really enjoyed the morning.  It wasn't too busy down there and I just wandered.  I ended up really taking in the Circle since I'm going to be moving soon and won't be walking distance from here anymore.  My walks to and fro were slower and I tried to take it all in.  It really was a lovely date.

I did the morning pages every morning this week!  Yay me!  I only meditated though 2 days this week but I'm not going to get discouraged - will still really try to put forth a better effort there.

The only real revelations this week were I was actually really looking forward to my Artists Date and what I mentioned above about wanting to write.  So that's good!  Maybe there's a little ember starting to catch...oooooo let's hope!!

I'm hoping to hit up my Week 3 chapter and tasks tonight and/or tomorrow night.  Will also check in with my girls tomorrow! 

So Week 2 - Check!



No comments: