Wednesday, January 1, 2020

2019 Recap...

Here I am again writing my recap blog and wow - 2019 just flew.  But that's how time works now a days - just zips by like lightning.  So friends - grab your loved ones, say yes to adventure, don't put up with BS, find the joy in every moment because it's flying by way too fast.

So 2019 was somewhat of a normal year I'd say.  Lots of ups and lots of downs.  Our society is still in a state of upheaval.  I mean shit - The Impeachment and all that just went down last month is just a glimmer into what it's been like since that clown took office in 2016.  Let's hope to GAWD that 2020 gets him OUT.

There was no huge changes or major life changing events that happened to me this past year and I'm totally ok with that.  Sometimes we just need those years of uneventfulness.  My job has unfortunately become a toxic environment which breaks my heart.  I used to be so happy there but over the past few years it's just gone downhill.  I'm really hoping that 2020 brings me some really great opportunities that can uplift my spirit when it comes to the working world of my life.

I got some good traveling in this year and saw some beautiful places.  Pat is so great at planning these things and getting to see places I've never seen.  On that note - he and I are doing quite well.  We've also had some ups and downs and are trying to navigate the sometimes bumpy roads of a relationship, but we love each other and are willing to go down those roads and work on making them smoother which is amazing.  We had a really great trip to AZ for a wedding that ended up being a bit of a bonding for us I think.  We both felt closer and had some really great talks.  He's a great guy with a beautiful heart and I'm so happy that we found each other.  The big news for me that will be a huge thing for me this year - is we're moving in together!  Yup!  I'm going to be living with my boyfriend!!  I'm terrified and excited.  I've lived alone for so long it's going to be a huge adjustment but I'm also really looking forward to hopefully being a role model for his little and taking that step towards becoming a family.  I think I'm most worried about his dog and my cat not killing each other! Ha!

My health is alright.  The dizzies haven't seemed to really improve at all, but I'm learning how to navigate them a little better and more often than not avoid triggering myself.  I have a few injuries I need to address because, well, I'm 43, so I'll be dealing with that soon.  Oooof.

So I'm going into 2020 with a few little goals - I, YET AGAIN, want to attempt to get a regular meditation practice going.  I need to get a workout routine in place, but part of that will depend on the injury situations.  I plan to continue journaling, in fact I got a great Gratitude Journal I'm looking forward to using.  I also plan to hit The Artists Way again with a friend of mine so hopefully that'll bring maybe some clarity and inspiration.  My photo now adventure group is still going strong and I wont drop that ball.  There's a couple of opportunities for possible shows coming up - fingers crossed!  Maybe a fantastic new job will come my way?  I also am looking forward to taking that next step with Pat and working on making a positive loving environment for all of us. 

So there it is friends!  Now for the highlights!

I started 2020 off so much better than last year.  I still tear up thinking of this time last year when I was saying goodbye to my precious Tweaks.  I still miss that fattie every day.  But this year was wonderful.  Pat and I went to a really nice dinner at Citrus City Grille where they had a yummy pre-fix dinner.  It was decorated really cute and festive!  The appetizers were bacon wrapped dates and a cheese pastry. 1st course I had a delicious butter leaf lettuce salad with pears, Gorgonzola, candied walnuts with a raspberry vinaigrette.  Yum!  Pat had a fantastic lobster bisque.  Our entrees were Pat - shrimp and scallop then I had a filet with a great lemony like sauce.  Our dessert was a super rich chocolate cake and we got glasses of champagne!  We stuffed ourselves and walked back home where we curled up on the couch and watched Zombieland Double Tap then toasted the ball dropping at midnight.  It was just perfect. 
So festive!

Fancy NYE Dinner!

Delish!

It was like eating a candy bar

Zombieland and Bubbly.  Perfect

Happy New Year!

Today we went over to Yorba Regional Park so I could do some geocaching and we could get out and stroll in this beautiful weather.  I made us a couple of sammies and we had a nice walk and lunch to kick of 2020!

Biggest Squirrel was not happy I was geocaching

Seymour was very excited

Always love me some sunbursts!
And now for the 2019 highlights!

I got to see Snow! 

Snow Blog

Had a romantic February!


Anniversary Blog


I went to the Grand Canyon!!!

GC Blog


Always love Easter at Moms!

Easter Blog


Saw one of the most beautiful pieces of nature I have ever seen!

Bishop Blog






Had a wonderful 4th of July weekend in Lake Gregory!

LG Blog





One of my best friends turned 30 and I crossed an item off my bucket list eating at The Hobbit!!!

Taylor Blog





I always try to get down to San Clemente when my mom is down there and this year was especially special!

SC Blog





October Weddings!

Weddings Blog





The holiday season!

Xmas Blog





So there it is friends.
2019 is gone.  Poof.  A collection of memories. 
Hell a decade is gone.  Poof.  A huge collection of memories.

Over the past decade I have changed jobs, cheated death, lost people I loved, moved, dealt with heartbreak, met a man I love, lost friends, gained new friends, traveled, got back onstage, hell basically all of the major things you can slam into a decade.  I've learned that I can handle more than I ever thought I could handle.  I have grown.  I have gained an entirely new perspective.  I have embraced my flaws and learning how to work with them.  It's been alot of lessons, sadness, love, grief, joy, I could go on and on.

I'm a little nervous going into this new year, this new decade.  I know a lot of changes are coming.  But I'm also excited.  I think it's time for change.  I've fallen into a bit of a rut and I think that's going to break soon.  I feel it.

I hope 2020 brings an amazing new president and will curtail this hatred that's spreading.  I hope it brings more power and equality to women.  I hope it brings equal rights to everyone.  I hope it brings solutions to help our environment.  I hope it brings so much more kindness, compassion and love to our world.

To all my friends and family - I wish you all the best in the new year!  I hope it brings amazing new jobs to those looking, I hope it brings that special someone to those who are ready, I hope it brings inner peace to those struggling, I hope it brings clarity to those confused, I hope it brings comfort to those grieving, I hope it brings joy. Love. Laughter. New adventures. Art.  Goals Achieved. I hope it brings all of that for all of you!


I love you all!

Let's see what you got 2020!








No comments: