Tuesday, August 21, 2018

I made a bracelet...

I hope this continues to become an annual thing!

Last year I made a purse and this year I made a bracelet!

Mom has a dear friend who displays his artwork at the Laguna Art A Fair.  His wife whose one of my mom's best friends always suggests we take a class there.  So we have!  This year was learning how to make a bracelet out of Art Wire.

The gal who taught the class was named Christine Sullivan and her and her hubs sell handmade jewelry.  Here's their Facebook page if you're interested.  Super cool stuff!

Our teacher

April and Melissa

All of us hard at work!
 It was mom, me, mom's friend Belen and two lovely ladies named April and Melissa.  I do think we probably could have done it in just the morning session, rather than the all day class - but some of the gals ended up making matching earrings too, so it all worked out.

We started out by picking if we wanted to do a silver or copper bracelet then picked our beads.  She gave us the tools we needed (Some pliers and cutters) and we got started.

The 1st thing she taught us was how to make the little swirly parts that would make up the bracelet portion in between the beads.

Swirly Twirly
I actually picked up on it pretty quick.  My mom was teasing me that I was better at it.  Mom is a friggin artist, I'm not for sure, but I was surprised at myself.
Next up was we made the little metal part that secured the beads.

My fingers were starting to hurt at this point!


Once these were done we hooked them all together.  We then created the latch and VIOLA!  A pretty bracelet!

Look what I made!

So pretty!

I made a bracelet!
Mom opted for a silver bracelet with trippy little black beads.

Mom and daughter bracelets

How cute is mom with her bracelet and matching earrings
All the ladies made such pretty bracelets!

Then mom and Belen made matching earrings!
Long time friends
After our class we met up with some more of mom's friends and we all went out to a super yummy Italian Dinner in downtown Laguna Beach.  A super fun and artsy day!


No comments: