Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Tech Week Gibberish...

I'm in tech week.
It's called hell week.  This is an actual professional term.  Ask any person in the biz.  I am exhausted and can only muster bullet points.  Here we go.

  • I'm totally freaking out.
  • I honestly think the acting in this production is spot on.  Dave has been happy and pleasantly surprised by the level we have brought.  Whatever happens logistically -  the acting is totally solid.
  • I haven't been able to eat normally for 2 weeks and have been in a constant battle with my stomach.
  • I've had moments when the emotions brought up in my performance almost got away from me.  This is rad.
  • It scares me that the communication between us and Casa is very vague and keeps changing. 
  • I'm totally freaking out.
  •  The death scene at the end of the show is really fucking cool especially now with the rose petals they're using for blood.  I'm super jealous I'm already dead and can't be in this scene.
  • I realized I have the smallest part in the play yet probably have the most people coming to see it.
  • I'm totally freaking out.
  • My simple statements in our carpool seem to keep sparking heavy/deep/or serious conversations when I'm always just making a simple statement.  I find this amusing.
  • I keep thinking I have my nerves under control then a friend texts or emails me to tell me they're coming to the show and I want to vomit.
  • My suicide scene is now really beautifully lit and darkish so the arm wounds don't have to be super perfect.  And I'm using a real straight razor which has everyone nervous.  
  • I'm terrified by the fact that we're supposed to just run our scenes multiple times (6 in act 1 and 5 in act 2) on our own, pausing for 2 minutes then doing it again.  And we've never done this yet.  It's Wednesday.
  • I also think it's weird we have to ring a bell at the end of each scene to signify the end.  I am going to be curled up under a sink dying after an emotional scene then have to ring a fucking bell.
  • I looooooooooooooooooooove when the Shamlets and Hamlet are 1st introduced.  It's such a rad creepy physical scene.
  • Gertrude has the raddest dresses.
  • Even though I'm disappointed my suicide scene has changed dramatically with no blood, probably no bath water I am very pleased I don't have to be wet anymore.  It's not a warm location.
  • I hope to hell I don't forget my lines.
  • My thigh is still sore from when I accidentally did the splits 2 nights ago.
  • I'm totally freaking out.
  • My mad scene is my favorite scene.
  • This is the most gorgeous place I have ever done a show.
  • I'm doing my best to let go of the fact that this is just not going to be a normal show but a total new experience for the audience and actors and everyone will enjoy themselves no matter what happens.  This is why I do it.  
Godammit I love theatre.

Also here's a rad article!
OC Register Article

And here's a couple pictures!

Dave took this.  Emo Hamlet

My little rainy day collage.  Love all the dead bodies!



Well that's it!
I probably won't blog again until after this damn thing opens!!  Eeeeeeeeek!



No comments: