Monday, April 27, 2015

Congrats to Julie and Gabe!

Pretty much all of my friends are in pairs now.

One of my favorite couples is Julie and Gabe.  I met Julie and Gabe sometime back in 2009 when I joined the Surf City Kickball league.  Julie was one of the co-captains and a feisty, competitive gal who said it like it is.  Her boyfriend Gabe was also a bit competitive but much more soft spoken.  We instantly connected.

Now all these years later, none of us play kickball anymore but Julie has grown into quite the OCR/race champion.  We do a lot of these races together but I meet her at the finish line days later than when she bounds across - usually one of the top in her age group.

We've been with each other through medical mishaps, races, the birth of her two darling children, and all kinds of wacky parties and adventures.

Now this past weekend we celebrated they're 10 year anniversary - and Oh...a wedding.  The invites were in typical Julie/Gabe style.  A postcard like invite that basically said "Whatcha doin on Saturday April 25th?  Come have a BBQ with us and celebrate 10 years of being together.  Oh and also a wedding".

Rad.

My sister in law threw a shower brunch for her that was adorable.  She had breakfasty foods, champagne drinks and a funny little underwear thing that had little notes for what type of undies for stages in the marriage.  Hilarious.

She's so cute!

The big day came and unfortunately the weather was a bit undesirable.  It had rained earlier and although it had stopped, the winds and the chill in the air were a bit chilly.  But it was still beautiful!  The location was at their house in Huntington Beach.  We all arrived a 5 and mingled a bit and helped ourselves to drinks at the self serve bar.  Our little favor was a coozie we wrote our names on.



We all then gathered around, most sat, some stand to watch Julie's dad marry them!  A quick, very sweet ceremony with airs of humor captured them perfectly.  Chase and Presley were a part of it as well!  Julie looked absolutely darling!  Presley was adorable and the boys looked so hansome!






Afterwords it was announced that their favorite food truck was out front and to help ourselves!  It was The Burnt Truck.  It's known for their gourmet sliders and tator tots!  So yummy!  I over did it and probably had one too many!


I didn't take this, but I love it!
There was a great little dessert table that was of course precious!



A few shots of the fam.



I like this shot I took of my bro!
A few shots of the bride:

See I can be artsy

There was a photo booth of course:


This was before Shane and I realized there was an actual photo booth.  Doh!






Then an iPod blasted out music that got the girls dancing:

My fave picture...


Wonderful time visiting with friends and family, eating good sliders and cupcakes, drinking good wine.

All in all a great little party!  I'm so happy for Julie and Gabe!  They are truly so great together.  I'm so happy they we are all a part of each others lives!

Congrats to the happy couple!

No comments: