Tuesday, February 16, 2010

WBOD...February 16..

Someone gave you flowers

Hm.
This doesnt happen very often in the life of a single girl. I do love flowers though. I actually usually buy them for myself. Gerber Daisies are my favorite. They are such happy flowers. Bright colors and fun. In fact I bought myself some darling little orange Gerber Daisies for Vday. Threw the pennies in the vase (Did you know the copper from pennies helps keep your flowers upright?) They are still smiling at me when I walk out my bedroom door.

I remember a time in Laguna Beach with some friends in college. It was me and 3 boys. We had a rowdy night of drinking the night before and the 4 of us who crashed in Laguna Beach got up early the next morning for some coffee to soften our hangovers. The smell of the ocean filled up our souls as we walked down the the main downtown hub bub area. God, how I love Laguna. We all got our coffees and perched on a bench watching the waves roll in under a gray sky silently. So lovely. As we started to wander back to the house I saw a flower stand across the street. I darted across the street and purchased 4 Gerber Daisies each a different color and gave one to each boy and kept one for myself. We all laughed. It was a good day.

One year, it may have been my 30th. I had 2 separate bouquets delivered to my work. All my co-workers oooo'd and aaahhh'd. Are they from a man?? Are they from a lover??? "They are from 2 of my favorite men" My dad and my brother.

Flowers make a person smile. It doesnt matter if your a romantic or not. They brighten you day. :)

No comments: