Monday, February 8, 2010

WBOD February 8...

Write about a river...

Lazy summer heat beatin down; beads of sweat drip drip drip; raft bobbin up and down like a lazy sexual romp; cruisin down the river. Chilly water tickling at my legs danglin over the side tap dancing along the surface. I reach for my mini keg of Madres. Sweet nector laced with the faint hints of vodka and rum, so delicious trickling down my throat. Sigh. The crystal blue sky winks at me through the blazing heat as I float on down. Laughter fills the air, the sounds of splashing and shouting. I lazily wave to my compadres as I float float on down. The drooping trees reach over as far as they can grazing the very tip of the water as if they can just touch a little bit of cool refreshing taste to bring down the heat. Float float float. I light a cig, my friend dangling off my lips I watch the lazy circles swirl up over my head. Ahhhh another sip of Madres. My cowboy hat tilts forward shading the sun from my sunglassed eyes..sweat, sweat. Ahhhhh the sweet heat of the summer blaze, floatin floatin down the river.

No comments: