Friday, March 22, 2024

Walking in this World Week 5...

This week was Discovering a Sense of Personal Territory.

It was basically about being selfish - but in a good way.  You know, taking care of yourself so that you have the ability to give, to create, etc.  Something I've been working on, especially after the Artists Way journey.

Tasks included which friends are your "fuse lighters".  Which friends drain you.  It also had us write lists of what we'd like to do if it weren't so expensive, selfish, scary, etc.  Nothing really new...I want to live somewhere pretty -  winery, nature, beach...travel....etc.

The other task was write a letter to yourself saying what you need to be doing.  As if you were writing a letter to your best friend.  I usually scoff at these tasks, but I did it.  I found it interesting that I'm actually doing a pretty good job trying to pay attention to my needs more and do things that bring me joy.  I feel like over pretty much my entire life I am always looking out for others 1st.  This isn't a bad thing, and I don't mind.  In fact I'm always flattered when it's pointed out to me many times over the years how appreciative people are in me being the one that keeps everyone together, makes things happen, cultivates friendships.  Since I've been with Pat a lot of my time is focused on supporting him, and being there for him.  I think myself got lost a bit lately but I seem to be back on the right track.

So I may be taking a week off this journey because I'm actually working on a one night show and we're supposed to rehearse all next week, so if that happens I'm just going to focus on that and take a week break from this.  I don't seem to be getting as much out of this journey, but it is certainly keeping things in front of me and helping me work on me.

I wrote almost every night.

I don't think I had a notable Weekly Walk this week, but as usual I walk all the time.

My Artists Date was super fun - I found out there were a bunch of geocaches just down the street so I took my bike and headed out!  I'll be posting a blog about all of them, but I have to go back and get the bonus cache now that I figured out the puzzle, so that will be coming.  But here's one picture.

I really am having fun

I did have a bit of synchronicity today I think.  Or at least finding myself more inspired.  I took this photo at breakfast with my dad:

Dad asked "What are you taking a picture of?".  I told him I just find this interesting.  The way it looks and the colors.  We then started talking about photography.  My friend Rose also posted a really incredible shot and I asked her if she could send it to me so I can print and frame it.  I like that.  I like that I'm finding inspiration.  I haven't felt that way in a while.  I wonder if it's because I'm on a journey kind of trying to find some?  We'll see...



No comments: