Sunday, March 10, 2024

Walking in the World Week 3...

 This week was Discovering a Sense of Perspective.

I don't really seem to be getting much out of the reading this time around, but I am trying to do all the tasks and see if something comes of them.

One task was basically make a collage.  Says grab a bunch of magazines and go to town.  I feel this is kind of dated since magazines are really a thing of the past now, but liked that idea and remembered I had a few Pinterest Boards that I throw things in I just like.  So here's a few things I "pinned" rather than collaged. 



It makes me want to go do that again.  I used to scroll and just pin neat things.  I didn't have as much time this week as I would have liked, so I plan to go back to this task and maybe get inspired!

This week also talked about Anger.  How anger can actually fuel us sometimes to do things.  We were to list 50 (yes 50!) things I'm angry at.  It was a long list, but I filled it out pretty quickly.  I noticed most of the things I'm angry at are political things - so the solution (It says if you have any, write them down too) - I think I need to get involved more.  I have been feeling like I just don't make a difference, so I think I need to change that.  Noted here.  Let's do it.

It then talks about mapping our interests.  I found this interesting because a book Pat got for us to work through talks about mapping your relationship.  Seems mapping is a thing in my life right now - I should pay attention.  Here's the questions it started me out with:

5 Topics that interest me - Food, Wine, Travel, Music, Outdoors.
 
5 People who interest me - Rose, Stanley Tucci, Anita, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Luca Manfe.
 
5 Art forms that interest me - Photography, Writing, Acting, Cooking (really eating though), Traveling
 
5 Projects I could try out - More Photo Play Days, Travel Blog, Food Blog, Get more politically involved, Writing Class
 
So there we go.  Tasks of Week 3.  I want to re-visit these.  I find them interesting.
 
For my Artist Date this week I paid a visit to Dragon and The Rose.  It's a great little witch shop and they have store cats!  I wanted to pick up a little something for my Piscean girls for our yearly get together.  I found some beautiful Aquamarine stones.  I also said hi to Sally the cat:
I then headed over to the Cemetery to leave some flowers for my grandparents and Pats sister.  I always find cemeteries very peaceful.  I got a bit emotional, since I hadn't been there for quite a while and just ended up talking to my grandparents for awhile.  I miss them so very much.


A little friend was watching me



I night journaled almost every night.

I again made a point to make sure I had a good walk without any interruption.  I had to drop our car off at the mechanic and walk back to work one morning which is quite a trek. I listened to the sounds as I walked.  Really enjoyed hearing the birds.  It was a super quiet walk even though it is some busy streets.  Felt really nice.

I just love when people utilize these 12 foot skeletons for more than just Halloween!

So there we are - Week 3 Check!
Here's to hoping it picks up a bit....



No comments: