Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Thanksgiving Weekend...

Thanksgiving is not my favorite holiday.
My mom and I always joked how it was just a bad time of year.  Something horrid was always happening.  One or both of my grandparents always seemed to land in the hospital this time of year.  My Papa passed away a day or two before Thanksgiving in 2013.  We have a tiny family so having a big dinner was always silly.  There were a few glorious years where my mom hosted a wonderful Friendsgiving and those were my favorite Thanksgivings I've ever had.  Sis in law took up hosting and I'm sure it's lovely, but I've yet to make it.  Pat & I moving in together we'd trade off families each year - well 2020 we all know well was a big Nope. 2021 we moved Thanksgiving weekend.  2022 Pat & I got COVID, oh and had just moved again.  This year it was Jeanne's turn.  We had the kid, and it was a bit of a roller coaster weekend with that whole situation, but the actual day of Thanksgiving was nice.  The highlight of this blog is the things we did after Thanksgiving!

Pat showed the kid how to make a Pumpkin Pie


Not bad!

Isaiah is here! 

Not gonna lie - to see these smiles made my heart happy

I looked super cute, but no one got a picture.  Damn selfie...

The Friday after we met up with Isaiah and Lucianna for lunch and drinks over at Brewery X.  I didn't get pictures dammit, except of me & Pat but we really had a lovely time getting to know his new lady and Poe of course always loves to join us.

Saturday evening brought us finally getting together with Kristina and Eric to have dinner and see Christmas Carol! (We were supposed to go last year, but COVID ruined that one).  Their kiddo is in the show and they shared with us the 4 free tix they get for the final preview.  I was super excited not only to see my dear friends whom I adore, but to see this show!  I haven't seen it in a while and it's always a really lovely start of the Christmas season!


I'm terrible at the covering the face bit....

There is a pretty tree in front of the Westin so we attempted cute pictures



Ladies!
Then on Sunday was one of my favorite annual traditions that Jules and I have kept over the last few years.  The Winter Sawdust Festival in Laguna Beach!  We have breakfast at Kitchen in the Canyon then wander the festival drinking champagne and enjoying the art!  I usually make a purchase or two for Christmas gifts and we hit the snow at just the right time on the way out!  It's such a festive pretty place to go and spending it with Julie is even better!

How festive are we!?

Love this woman more than she'll ever know!

Cute decor



They always have a bunch of different trees that different organizations doe - this was a world diversity tree!


Our old buddy from college sells his wares!

Nightmare Before Xmas Tree!

Loved loved loved this one!


Got me a souvenir mug this year!

We hit it just right!

One more glass of wine on our way out!

Really got me in the spirit to hit the holidays running.  Plan to decorate for Christmas next weekend! 



No comments: