Monday, November 6, 2023

Found a new garden and saw some trolls...

 One of my dear friends posted about this cool exhibit at a Botanic Gardens that I never even knew about!  So - win win!  A fun exhibit and a new spot!  This lovely spot was South Coast Botanic Gardens in Palos Verdes.  This is much closer than a few other gardens we like to check out in the LA area.  They had an exhibit by this artist - Thomas Dambo called Trolls - Save the Humans.  He's a recycle artists that makes these giant trolls out of trash.  

It was a lovely day at the gardens for sure and the trolls were so cool!  It's very hilly and quite large, so be prepared to trek.  We do certainly plan to come back and see other events and check the gardens out more but today was all about the trolls.  They had 6 of them spread throughout the gardens and you followed the birdhouses to get to them.

The 1st troll is carrying all the birdhouses I assume we're gonna follow!



Bird houses Galore!

Pat & I in a nest




A cool little alcove

Giant Disco Ball

Well hello flutterby!


This fellow is planting in a car!



Troll butt!

Love the alcoves everywhere

Mom with the painting troll



There's a few geocaches here, so I did find one!  Howard and I looked for another one but no luck.  I'd like to come back specifically for a geocache adventure.


Perfect!



He was my favorite


This fellow listens to the earth


Love me some trees



Our group minus Amber.  She got a little hot and had to leave early

I love his foot



Pretty flowers!  Can't wait to come back and really check them out

Hi bee friend!


Pink pretties

Afterwards we brunched at Truxton's Bistro which was recommended by a woman at the Gardens and it was friggin awesome!  Great service and great food!

So this was truly a Sunday Funday!!

No comments: