Sunday, May 3, 2020

Life on Lockdown part 6...

Nothing really has changed on the homefront here.
We're still on the Stay at Home order.
I go into the office on Wednesdays only.
Nothing has changed.
Nothing is better.
There's talk of re-opening but nothing is happening.
Our Governor had to shut down the beaches in OC because last week people flocked to them and infuriated everyone.  I'm sure most people had the intention of "Social Distancing" but it's pretty impossible with those kinds of crowds.
Now people are protesting the Stay at Home orders.  Friday a shit ton of people showed up at the Huntington Beach Pier protesting.  Mostly Trumpers.
It's a fucking mess.

People are going stir crazy.  I get it, but I also get why we're on the order.  This goddamn virus needs to be contained and it's fucking not!  I honestly don't understand why and don't understand how we're still sitting here, waiting.  We're in May now.  Here we are today:

Today's Stats:

Worldwide:
Cases - 3,559,342
Deaths - 247,979

US:
Cases -52,197
Deaths - 2,172

OC:
Cases -2,743
Deaths - 52

It's just climbing and climbing.  Seems some countries are doing a way better job than we are.  Shocking.

I just want it to be over.  I'm so tired of not being able to hug my friends/family.  I'm so tired of having to mask up everytime we run an errand.  My heart is constantly just breaking for those losing loved ones, those losing jobs.  It's just not getting better.  I don't know what do think anymore.  It's just this odd new normal and I hate it.

But - as always - we make do.  We do our best.  We look for the good.  So here's last weeks good:

We got our bed!  It's huge!  And I really really hope it works out.  Pat and I both have so much more space and I think it's going to be awesome.  It came to us in boxes.  It was so weird!  Tuesday eve we broke apart our Queen and assembled our new king.  Then unwrapped our mattress which burst out and there ya go!

A King Size Bed lives in there

Construction time

Our new big bed!!

We take lots of walks and see some cool/random stuff.

Our neighbors Chalk the Walk

Apparently someone built they're own basketball hoop

Man these are getting good!


Someone had a box of free succulents out for the taking!

The School down the street from us


WTF
Pat and I both took a vacation day on Friday.  We had planned to hike with Mandy and her boys.  No hugging of course.  As slightly awkward as it was to not embrace and try to keep our distance from each other it was really nice.  The hike was brutal - it's one of the hardest in OC - but felt great.  It's just off Green River Road off the 91 fwy.  It was foggy and humid and we were all quite sweaty afterwards but such a great workout and great to see friends.  It's still really beautiful too!  We're starting to get hot again, but it seems the flowers and the green are still hanging on!

Pretty Purple and Yellow!

Foggy!

High above the clouds!

Taking a break

Saw lots of cool webs

Love all the flowers


Pat and Vince always way ahead of us




Social Distance Hiking
Pat has set us up to get our weekly Farm Fresh to You Delivery but we found ourselves with an apple overload - so what's that mean?  Home made applesauce!!
You all about to be sauce!
My therapist encouraged me to do more "social distance" visits and I agree.  Like I mentioned in the last blog, it sucks but it's less weird than I felt at 1st.  And I do need to see my people.  Like need it.

So - mom came by for a backyard visit and to give me some gardening advice.

Love my mama!!
!
Speaking of gardening...

We have found ourselves sitting outside a lot more and I love our peaceful little patio.  There's a garden out here, but it hasn't been kept up.  We don't really want to do a whole lot since this is just a rental - but I needed to tackle it.  So after mom's helpful advice (My family has green thumbs but it skipped me and Pat said he's no better - LOL!) I cleaned up and trimmed the friends that live in our garden.  Got a hula hoe from mom (and of course an adorable gift basket) and tackled it on Sat.  Hopefully with a little TLC we can get this thing looking pretty!

An Egret visits us sometimes

Hoping for a lovely garden!

Thanks mom!
The City of Orange - namely the Orange Home Grown folks did a fundraiser.  You bought this wooden Orange and write on it what you like!  I never got around to getting one because I suck, but my mom did!

We're still doing pretty damn good on Quarantine Cooking!

These were friggin bomb!!!!

My boyfriend - the BBQ King

We attempted Frisco Burgers!
I took a lovely solo hike on Sunday morning.  It was overcast but muggy.  Lots of people out and about though.  You can so feel the people getting restless.

Today Pat and Elise's Adventure Princess Group sent out supplies to make kites!

I also decided to try to mail out a little joy this weekend.  Trying to support small businesses/artists so I found some little notecards - quarantine themed.  Thanks Kristina for the idea!!



That's about it to report this week.

I hear a rumor Parks may open up this week.  People seem to be starting to gather more.  I see our neighbors having lots of gatherings/BBQ's but they do seem to be keeping their distance.  Pat is heading off to a Dad's Happy Hour - social distance style this evening.  The order hasn't been lifted yet and it doesn't seem like we're really "flattened the curve" so I don't know how to feel.  It's been tough and I think it's just getting to be too much for people.  I was reading that some businesses are opening up even though they haven't got the go ahead.  These people are afraid of going under so I can't get mad right?  People have to survive.  I don't know you guys - what's right?  What's wrong?  Is there even a right or wrong?  I think one of the scariest things is that there is just no real clear answer.

Hang in there my friends!
I really hope my Lockdown Life Blogs aren't too much longer...although I have really enjoyed telling our story!

Love you guys!




















No comments: