Sunday, May 10, 2020

Life on Lockdown Part 7

OMFG you guys.
We're still here!
WHY THE F CAN'T THEY GET THIS DAMN THING UNDER CONTROL?!?!?

People are losing it.  I mean it's been since March 19th I believe was the official Stay at Home Order issued by our Governor and many other states across the US.

Over 30 million - 30 MILLION YOU GUYS - have filed for unemployment.  Basically anything that draws crowds - festivals, concerts, sporting events, fairs have all been cancelled for the whole year.  Amusement Parks are still shut down and who knows when they will re-open - and what will that be like?

We've started apparently phase 2 of re-opening which is total bullshit if you ask me.  It's not re-opening at all.  Retail, toy, sporting good shops can re-open but only for curbside or delivery.  Basically what restaurants have been doing.  Why they couldn't do that before is beyond me but they weren't considered essential.  Parks and Beaches are re-open but you can't chill there.  You can walk or swim but that's it.  No laying out, no hanging in groups.  We're all still to "Social Distance".  So no - we're not re-opening really at all.  Again - I get it - I do - but damn if this doesn't suck.  There is literally no hope on the horizon of them finding a vaccine for this fucking thing or getting enough tests or anything.  So it's still Stay the fuck home unless you HAVE to do something.  Well people are doing shit.  There was actually traffic when I went into my once a week office trip.  Not a lot but def more people out on the road.  Around my neighborhood we're always seeing BBQ's and gatherings.  They do seem to be social distancing though.  And you know what?  Why not.  I want to do that more too.  I hate the no touching no hugging shit, but at least seeing each other is something.  I hate this so much. Sometimes I feel like a privileged whiny bitch because I'm healthy.  I still have a job.  My loved ones are healthy.  I'm in a nice home.  But you guys - it really is taking a mental toll.  It's so odd.  Going to the grocery store masked up is stressful.  I wanted to run to Home Depot last weekend to get some garden stuff but the thought of masking up and shopping for non essential items made me re-think it and I didn't go.  There's nothing to look forward to because we can't plan any trips or outings.  I'm trying so hard to break up the mundane routines here at the homestead but it's so fucking challenging because it's not a normal boredom.  It's like this trapped feeling.  This - is it ever going to end feeling?  This constant state of anxiety - even subconscious.  UGH!

The shitty stats:

Worldwide:
Cases - 4,181,021
Deaths - 283,868

US:
Cases -64,561
Deaths - 2,678

OC:
Cases -3,380
Deaths - 74

Sad isn't it?  Not getting better is it?  Conspiracy Theories are flying.  Our country is so divided and screwy I have no idea how this is going to ever end.  I'm so friggin tired of people arguing over whose "quarantining" better than the other person.  Some people got so miffed that some people saw their moms on Mother's Day yesterday.  I'm sorry but what I saw was the people who did (myself included) kept the social distance.  So piss off!  Don't make those of us feel bad that we need to see our fucking moms.  I didn't hug her.  We sat apart and visited.  Bite me.  And why are you more right?  No one knows for sure is one of the biggest problems!  Masks or no masks?  Jobs or no jobs?  Essential or non essential?  Honestly there's no clear line and that's one of the biggest issues.  I'm doing my best.  I try to follow the CDC and WHO guidelines because you know - THAT'S WHAT THEY DO.  All these damn peeps on social media yapping like they are more careful then the next person can just shut up.  Yes, there's jackasses out there who really don't give a shit and they suck.  But they exist so the rest of us need to just try harder and practice kindness and do what we fucking can do to the best of our abilities.  GAWD this is just a damn mess.  It's like the worlds worst shit show.  Oh and FYI...there's now Murder Hornets...that's a thing.  I mean.  WTF 2020!?!?  What the actual Fuck?!?!? 

Not much to report on this week, as you can see by my AAAACCCKKKKK FUCK THIS I'M SO OVER IT ranting this time around.  It's been a week.  Not as much crying but more UGH!  I try to stay humorous.  I try to stay positive.  I try.  That's all I can do.  But seriously - FUCK THIS.

I digress...

One thing that's really great to come out of this BS actually is I've started taking a morning power walk.  Every morning (Except the Wednesdays I go in the office) I roll out of bed and power walk for about 30 min.  We have some hills around here so I get my blood pumping and it really does feel great.  I won't be able to do this when we return to work because I get up too early but I'm certainly taking advantage now.

The sun rises when I'm behind houses/hills...but I caught a glimpse

I power walk up that bitch

That's Robber's Peak.  It's a bitch but we conquer it sometimes.  Pretty in the mornings though!

Speaking of walking...we're still hiking and cruising the neighborhoods because what else are ya gonna do.  We see some cool shit.  Some weird shit.

Like seriously tho...are kids drawing these?!

Where's it lead to?


This weirded me out.  Pat said it's probably a shadow drawing..but still...weird
Seymore is really getting attached to me.  He actually dragged his blanket and bed over to my "office" chair the other day.

S'up?

He knew I was having a rough day
I'm finding I love the way BevMo has their online order then curbside pick up set up.  I mean...let's be honest.  How many of us are drinking a hell of alot more?  Yeah...alot of us.  Like so much more.  Because...what else are you gonna fucking do right?!  I'm enjoying ordering random wines I haven't tried before and plan to make notes of the ones I really dig.  If they suck - White White Spritzer!!!

Essentials
Friday nights are supposed to be Pat and my "Date Nights".  Well...we still try.  But sometimes it's hard to come up with stuff to do when we can't really go anywhere.  Well a few weeks back I had ordered these little Himeli succulent DIY things so we made them Friday night to throw some kinda change in our lockdown.


Here we go!

Look what we made!

Found the perfect home for them
We're still cooking alot...like alot...like to the point where the other night Pat said "I'm actually sick of cooking."  I get you.  But I did make an Avocado Cilantro Lime Hummus and it was fucking delicious!!  I have already pinned a few more hummus recipes because - YUM!
Like. So good.
Still trying to capture the weird strange times we're in moments and it seems a lot of places are requiring people to actually mask up now.  We have been already when we go into places but this was the 1st time I saw a sign about it.
I'm really starting to think the social distance visits need to happen more often.  One of my besties Taylor hates FaceTime as much as I do so I was like  - fuck it - let's just have lunch in your backyard...I'll come in through the gate, we won't hug and we'll sit across from each other and eat and visit and of course drink.  And we did and it was glorious.  Pat and I also Mother's Day hopped today for Mother's Day.  We picked up donuts and flowers (Pickins were slim) and headed to Jeanne's.  We came into the backyard, sat apart and had a lovely visit.  We then did the same for my mom but picked up In & Out lunch per her request and had a lovely visit on the patio.  I didn't get photos today but it was really nice.

Bestie
So here we are.
Another week in.

So many more weeks to come it seems.
I think within the next few weeks we can at least hug our people if we keep our social contact small.  I don't fucking know.  No one does.  There's no answers.  Right now just fear, frustration and impatience.

We're trying my friends. 
We are.
We'll get through this.
Love to you all!




No comments: