Monday, April 27, 2020

Life in Lockdown Part 5...

I can't believe it's been like 5 weeks.
It feels like a year.

Today's Stats:

Worldwide:
Cases - 2.9 million
Deaths -207K

US:
Cases - 987K
Deaths - 55,439

OC:
Cases - 2,074
Deaths - 39

It's been rough here at the homestead.  Tensions are high.  We're all tired because no one is sleeping well.  We've actually ordered our 1st online bed.  Pat and I are having major difficulties sharing a bed plus I feel like we didn't really get a chance to feel out living together before getting quarantined for what seems like forever.  It's been difficult for sure, but regarding the sleeping situation  Pat thinks a King may do the trick so here's hoping!  It arrives next week, fingers crossed!  I've never ordered a bed online before.

I'm doing every other weekly FaceTime appointments with my Therapist.  The cool thing is I may not even have to pay a co-pay.  I think the healthcare is being super lenient on mental health help during this mess.  She's really encouraging me to do some social distance meet ups.  I find this really unnatural and weird but after last week when we had a sort of social distance birthday lunch for Pat, it wasn't that bad and nice to see his family without being behind masks.  I went to my mom's one day last week and sat in the backyard with her and Stacey and we visited - socially distant of course - and it was nice.  I hate that I can't hug them but we're peaking right now apparently so I think it's just going to have to be like this for a while longer.  Pat and I were talking about maybe doing some social distant hikes with friends when the weather cools down.  I was weirded out before but now I'm thinking we need it.

It still feels a lot like our lives are stuck on this really fucked up repeat button.  I honestly don't look forward to the weekends anymore because we can't really do anything.  At least during the work week we're kind of occupied with work.

There is a strange new normal though.  When we did our weekly grocery shopping trip, Pat and I got out of the car, put on our masks, wiped down the cart and shopped, following the rules the store currently has in place.  They recommend shopping alone but we've found we can be in and out quicker as a pair.  The masked checker was super sweet and cheerful and we chatted through our masks.  When we took off our masks in the car it almost felt normal.  Like that's just what we do now.

I still have good days and bad days but I do cry less and am becoming more accepting.  It's hard though my friends.  I keep hearing the "We're all in this together" and we really are. 

We did kind of break up the weekend a bit though which was nice.  It was crazy hot but it was just good.  Probably one of our better quarantined weekends for sure.

Tabitha ventures downstairs sometimes if I'm sleeping on the couch at night or Seymore isn't wandering around.

Are you trying to work?

Paint me like one of your French Girls
Chapman is staying on strict remote work but I got the ok to go in once a week.  I felt a bit special when our EVP was talking to the president and the VP to get me in.  I now have a letter I carry with me and have to wear my mask if I interact with anyone.  Sadly there's no one there so I only interact with the mail guy.  It's like a Ghost Town.

My new work normal - gloves, mask and letter that I'm "Essential"
My work station at home hasn't improved since I still can't take home any equipment and I feel like I refuse to make it too office like because this is just temporary and I'm in denial that it'll be much longer.  But I do now have a little note from Kristina that brightens the area.  I also do love that when the weather is nice I can open the window right above my little area and a wonderful breeze comes through.

The simplest little things can bring you joy
 I got a surprise gift in the mail from my friend David! LOL!  Brought me such a giggle!

I adore him

We're now dealing with a heat wave, so again - kind of keeping us indoors.  But there were some really beautiful days and we got out.

This is what playgrounds look like in the COVID-19 World


These little doves let me walk right up to them


Hi friend!

The Mustard Seed is booming right now

Caught one of these purple beauties that don't last too long
Sat morning solo hike


Sun morning solo hike

My hiking buddy

 I'm starting to use Zoom alot more.  One night last week Erika put together a Rude Guerrilla Zoom Reunion.  We've been doing a Sunday Girls Happy Hour and my work sometimes does a Quaurantini Hour for our team.  These are so hard and weird and people cut in and out and talk over each other but I have to say it is really great seeing all those faces!   I wanted to just reach through the screen and hug them!

Rude Guerrilla Reunion
Quarantini Hour

My girls!
 One day last week I guess a bunch of kiddos from the Elementary School down the street live on this block.  Well I was wondering why there were so many people out and about and was starting to think there was a Block Party I wasn't invited too...well all of a sudden I hear honking and shouting and I walk out my front door and watched a parade of cars waving and yelling they missed you!  It was the teachers and staff!  How awesome!

I was getting such a kick out of it I only caught one quick picture near the end
We're cooking so much.  Like so much.  That's one of the good things coming out of this Lockdown.  I saw a meme that stated "My new budget: Entertainment $0.  Gas $0.  Retail $0. Groceries $1,000"  So true!!

One of my neighbors had a box of cookbooks to take for free! Thanks neighbor!

My sis in law bought us a "Quarantine" present - a rapid egg cooker!  It's awesome!
Delish!

Salmon and Scallops Wrapped in Bacon out of one of our new cookbooks!

We do so much online now too.  Hell we ordered a bed!  I got an online gift card as a thank you from work and ordered myself some toiletries from Walmart.  I'm considering joining some kind of club that will deliver me wine.  Pat was scouring beer the other day.  They have something called InstaCart where someone will grocery shop for you and bring it to your door.

Ordered some BevMo for curbside pick up

Stocked up
On Saturday we went to a pool!!!  One of Pat's family members has a house out here that sits empty sometimes because they live in AZ.  Well Pat's mom has the key and we get to utilize the pool!  Talk about the perfect social distancing pool adventure!

Great way to spend some time when it's in the 90's
We also had a hair dye day!  My hairdresser ordered some fun pink colors for Elise and I.  She then dropped it off at my door and Sunday we FaceTimed with her and she walked us through the process.  It was quite the process but really cool!  I did Elise's hair with Pat's help then Pat did mine!  I was going to do some of my own but he was like "I got it!" and he did.  He can now add hair colorist to his resume!  It was really cool getting my hair painted by my boyfriend!



My purchase from Jo


Our makeshift salon
That's going on our hair!

Elise was up 1st
How rad is this?

Salon de Pat
Finished!

Pink Princesses
So another week down.

It's not looking like the quarantines will be lifted soon.  Some states are opening up but against recomendations of the WHO and CDC.  I'm not sure what's in store for May but we're trying our best.  It seems the news is a lot of the same lately and it isn't that great.  Let's hope they can get a handle on this damn thing so we can get back into the arms of our loved ones and get our economy back up and running again.

Stay Safe my friends!


No comments: