Monday, April 6, 2020

Life on Lockdown Part Two...

Here we are about 20 or so days into my 1st blog writing about this COVID-19 and what the hell?!

Since it looks like we may be in this for another couple of months I decided to start trying to document as much as I can.

So here we are - probably into I want to say the 3rd week of having to stay home and everything being shut down.  You really easily lose track of what day it is in this situation.

We're still on the same rules (stay the fuck home unless your job is essential and you have to go in (I'm still one day a week), everything is shut down except Grocery Stores, Pharmacies and Banks and practice social distancing)

It sucks.

The cases/deaths are skyrocking.  Here is what we're at as of today:

Worldwide:
1,292,564 Cases
70,798 Deaths
US:
387,384 Cases
10,282 Deaths
OC:
834 Cases
14 Deaths

I'm dreading what the next couple of weeks are going to bring because from what we've been hearing we're going to be "Peaking" soon.

 A notice now has been put out to wear masks when out in public "if you feel comfortable doing so".  So it's not forced but people are acting like it is.  At the moment I'm not wearing a mask when we go on walks or bike rides, but I guess we should start wearing them now when we go to the store.  I wore my makeshift mask when I picked up our Asian Star dinner last night.

Found a no sew tutorial on how to fold your bandana and use some hair-tyes to make a mask
My stepmom said she'd make a few for us though, so hopefully those will be coming soon.

I'm still scared, having lots of anxiety, not sleeping well but again - so grateful I still have a job, my loved ones are healthy and I have a nice place to hole up in.  It's been hard of course.  Being trapped inside a house with people can grate on each other's nerves but we're doing our best.  We're finding ways to entertain ourselves, getting creative in the kitchen, getting out on walks and bike rides (Although it's raining again this week dammit).

Here's my latest photo collage:

Learning technology has helped alot.  More Facetimes - I even Facetimed with my therapist last week.  Was a bit weird but that's how we have to do it right now, and I certainly need it.  Also me and the girls have started a Sunday Eve Happy Hour:

Love these girls so much!

Remember that puzzle I mentioned in the last blog?  We finished!
We got so obsessed, especially Pat, and a week later we did it.  There was a missing piece at the end but we found it under a piece of something.  So rad.  We may actually grab another one.  This coming from the puzzle haters!





When I saw this I was like IT'S GO TIME!

Stopped by mom's house to do the weird exchange of things.  We give each other our stuff then stand apart and talk.  It's so unnatural and I hate it but it's what we have to do right now.  She gave me a beautiful bouquet from her garden!




 Still walking as much as we can and whipped out our bikes!  We found a neighborhood above us that isn't hilly!  Yay!

Felt so great to be on my bike again!  It's been ages!



Possible spot for a geocache




Enjoying the Chalk Art on the Sidewalk!


Cooking and baking a bunch!



Pat was extremely proud of his "Quarantine Crunch" he made up.  Similar to a Dairy Queen Blizzard!

I remembered I used to love to make these treats!




Finding ways to pass the time




Elise and I were playing with the games from Jackie Lawson that mom sent us


I'm trying to remember to capture just weird stuff as well...


This is a daily update we see now on our local paper

Pat trying on the mask his mom sent him
The line to get into the grocery store

At the beginning of our trails across the street
It's really weird and scary times right now.

I've heard we're probably in it at least through the end of May which I can't imagine but at the same time am starting too...

Trying to stay positive.

Stay Safe my friends!

No comments: